Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Cleaner - Haze problem

It seems like no matter which wheel cleaner I use, I always develop some type of haze on my wheels (these are factory wheels of a 2001 Lincoln LS). I follow the products directions as closely as possible (I never let the product dry on the wheel and I dry with a towel as soon as I rinse) but there`s always a haze that appears. What are some of the best wheel cleaners that will help me avoid these problems??? Thanx.

BTW...I have used Eagle One A2Z and Gliptone.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are so many wheel options now-a-days, do you have a picture or know the material, ex. Clear coated, Aluminum, chrome, painted, etc..?

I personally switched from A2Z to Top of the Line`s Power Wheel Wash. It`s non-acidic and safe for all wheels except fully polished, non-clear coated rims. It`s only like $15 for a gallon, and is suggested to be diluted 1:1, so your really getting 2 gallons. It works better than A2Z in my opinion.

By the way, welcome to the City :welcome
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are pictures of my car and a close-up of the wheels. I believe that they are aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like
    From what i see of these pics they look aluminum try aluminum polish i think that will work.If they are titanium use a crome polish .
    reasonable people come to reasonable conclusions

Proud Resident Of Detail City
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aluminum wheels such as the those on your lincoln are prone to hazing. I just did a dodge intrepid with wheels similar to those on your lincoln; same thing happened. I believe these wheels do not have a very good clearcoat on them, they may not have clearcoat at all. I think aluminum polish would work on removing the haze. If they are clearcoated, a regular paint polish would work.

2002 Chevrolet Corvette
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s weird, I can use Eagle One on my dad`s Chrome Rims, and my silver Konig tantrums with no problems and great results. But if I use that wheel cleaner on the rims on my mom`s RL I get hazing and water spots. I believe it has something to do with the type of or lack of a clearcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    What brand of aluminum polish would you recommend that I put on my wheels to avoid the haze?

Post Thanks / Like
    eagle1 makes something called never dull. I dont like the mothers but theres stuff called blue magic its really good i use it on the aluminum polished mercedes truck rims.. on harley rims and also on all chrome pipes as well as the aluminum polished frame and wheels on my gsxr
    "you cant judge a car by its cover "

Post Thanks / Like
    i think your camera lens is hazy

anyways, thats werid. stupid question, do you rinse the rims? maybe you should try them rite after you finish. nothing i can really say to help you, sorry.......
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked the guys on the Lincoln LS forum what they have been using and someone said what 91LSMAN said. Those rims are clearcoated and your clearcoat might be gone. No matter what you use it might haze up afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make sure to rinse well, then coat with AIO every couple months.....

Thread Information