Post Thanks / Like

Removing SSR 2.5 with S & W????

today i was fooling around with my dad`s car, putting on some ssr 2.5 with a yellow cutting pad. then i figured, why dont i try removing the ssr 2.5 with some spray and wipe? so i did, and it seemed to have worked pretty well. however, was it a bad thing that i was doing this? will it create some kinda film???? only time can tell i guess........... comments? anyone try/do this before?
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

I'll figure it out....
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Zesty,

I would try not to use s&w for cleaning off the residue if possible. I don`t think it would have any negative affect as it is not suppossed to leave anything behind on the car as far as I can tell. Use prepsolvent or a alcohol/ water mix, and save the s&w for other cleaning details.

Post Thanks / Like
    i got lots of Spray and Wipe........

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found that QD`s work fairly well at removing residue that`s clinging tenaciously to the paint. As you wouldn`t want any extra shine enhancing ingredients at the SSR2.5 stage, I would recommend S+W or even Meg`s #34.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    You could dillute the S&W, or maybe use just water.
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    water would be fine too, but after using polishes that leave no oils behind, it is recommended to use a Isopropyl Alcohol/Water mist 50/50.
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Nickc0844
    water would be fine too, but after using polishes that leave no oils behind, it is recommended to use a Isopropyl Alcohol/Water mist 50/50.

hmmm nick, is that what you use sometimes, instead of just buffing off the haze?? and how does S&W rank amongst those options?

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, your wasting S&W by doing it. It really depends on the weather, and you and me both know about humidity :angry

S&W doesn`t leave anything behind, so you COULD use it. After using SSR2.5, I buff off with a MF towel, then go back and spray Iso/water with another MF, that way I know there is no residue left behind.....same with PP.
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, i always have a habit of leaving some kinda residue behind. so wait, what happens if........ basically i go with ssr 2.5, buff off, then go over with S and W again to make srue nothing was left, then i folllowed with ssr1?

now that i really think about it, i AM wasting S and W. instead of buffing the ssr 2.5 off, i should just buff off the "final product", after ive made all my passes with different polishes and stuff.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend buffing off each product, as you wouldn`t want to find some course residue was left behind as you`re applying the sealant/wax. Most of the polishes get buffed almost to nothingness anyway, so it shouldn`t take you too long to go over the car after each step. Also, you should be inspecting the finish at each stage to see if you need to go over the paint with the same step again before moving on to the next step.
    If you cut too many corners, you can end up with a totally unsatisfying result that may warrant redoing everything (especially if you`re working on a customers car).
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    :nono

You HAVE to buff off the residue from SSR2.5 before going to SSR1. The only product I know that you can do that with is the Adam`s Polishes line (contains a little bit of fillers).
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never had a problem with residue with any of the SSR products. I usually work the snot out of them to they are just barely there. Pro Polish , on the other hand, has left wicked residue back before I learned that "Less is better".
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Thread Information