Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    TASS

You have to ask for the business if you want it. I will walk right up to someone getting out of there car and had them my card. Most all the time I get a how much for my car, tehn I point out some of the things on the car that I know I can fix, and then I go in for the close.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    At lunch today while I watched my 7 year old play at the Mc D`s play goruond. I did some math on this story. 25K divided by $300 per-car is 83.3 cars. That is one car everyday, not that I don`t think its possible I think the numbers are out of line no matter how good your connections are.
    If I get 3 full details and a wash wax repeat customer in a week, I`m feeling like a stud and need a day off. I`ve only been at this since last year so I`m building up my customers.

I don`t know why once I read what was posted seemed like a lot of cars and the price well that seems pretty high to. Or maybe its just me

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mpwrmodena

OK, maybe its me, but I am a little confused. I need some clarification, please.

Firstly, how do you plan on getting a loan for both a Viper and a Typhoon at 18 years of age with no full time job? You need credit to get a loan, not the other way around. Unless you have well-to-do parents that will co-sign for you, to meet the Bank`s criteria for a debt load, assuming $75, 000 for both, you would have to make over $100, 000 per year gross income. Hmmm...that would be close to $1500 per month (including interest over 60 mos.) for the vehicle payments. To use the business for a write off, it would take a very high profit margin from your net income to warrant a write-off of that scale.

You must be one heck of a detailer!! Can we please see some of your photos and methods etc... .

Koop,

I am little confused here as well. I just like to know whom I am conversing with. Do you own your own shop or work for one? What is your job there? You said that you convinced your painter into switching over to Nortons products, so I was just curious.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts too 2HOT, what a great story

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2hotford
    Mpwrmodena

Koop,

I am little confused here as well. I just like to know whom I am conversing with. Do you own your own shop or work for one? What is your job there? You said that you convinced your painter into switching over to Nortons products, so I was just curious.

Tim

Sorry for the confusion Tim. I work for a body shop here in Madison. I do a lot of crap basicly but i pull a lot of weight. I detail all our finished car, I Deal with all parts recieving and some ordering. I will do some paint prep work and i`ll even rip a bumper off on ocasion when I`m running low on stuff to do. I get to pull rank even though i`m the youngest and newest guy cause I inspect all the cars b4 they go out the door. If someone makes a mistake i have to call them on it and have them fix it.
    My painter is my painter because he paints for me! Only on the weekends though. He is just a co-worker and freind. I always call him my painter and he like`s it i guess. Again sorry for the confusion.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah...Thanks Koop!

Tim

Boss_429
    Originally posted by 2hotford

You must be one heck of a detailer!! Can we please see some of your photos and methods etc... .

2hotford,

I would say........ one hellava detailer!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah no joke I need to see pics!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow i havnt checked back in like a day and this thread is allready 2 pages long. If you do a search on my posts u will see a story of one of my details that i did for around 24-26 hours (detailed a guys whole car collection and i work slow) I charge double for over night jobs and add 10 bucks for pick up and drop. My rates on alot of the exotic cars are around 200 bucks so double that for a night and you have 400. I have a job like this around once a week and its normally multiple cars, i kill my competion in the area this way and can charge more because i meet peoples demands no matter what it takes (plus i dont have kid or a wife to worry about) so i can work crazy hours. Another serivice that i offer that brings in extra money is Oil and complete fluid changes along with Used car pre inspection. As for my typhoon and viper, my brother has a dealer Lisence so i buy my cars at auctions at a much cheaper price. Financing is a personal matter which i will not discuss.
    And for the original point of this post has still not been answerd. So if no one has any suggestions about building a home shop please dont reply. I have some random pictures sitting around that my friend who does the driving for me takes so i will try and get in toach with him to post once i get back from my family vacation in germany. Good luck to all and try to finish out the summer with a bang......while I am Beating the ```` out of a rented ferrari on the autobahn.
    -Danny

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Koop actually gave a rather detailed response, I saved the entire response on my computer for future reference.

We are not doubting your abilities, it just seems surreal to make that much money in such a short period of time. We were just asking questions because we, jsut like you, would love to have that kind of income.

Post Thanks / Like
    Koops response was great the Detailing Buisiness is really growing now days its a good investment.
    www.exotiXboard.com

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    Koop actually gave a rather detailed response, I saved the entire response on my computer for future reference.
    No kidding what else do you want to know?
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy is telling one tall story is all I know.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Beemerboy
    This guy is telling one tall story is all I know.
    Well I dont have anything to disprove him, but man, thats unrealistic. That is a LOT of money.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think it`s all that imposible. I`ve made 7grand in a day b4. In market terms that is. Unfortunately i lost almost 20k the week after 9/11. Still not back to where i was. Dang terrorists!
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information