Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t get too many of these...

This Chevy truck was just bad.....and not a good bad but a bad "bad". I don`t get vehicles this dirty that often nor do I do many cars this size so my hats off to all you guys who deal mainly with SUV`s and Suburban style cars. Just one of these can kick your butt:doh

Every seat I pulled forward or back had all kinds of stuff under it. Toys, candy, gum, pens, pencils and some other stuff that science has not yet classified:bigscream There was even stuff stuck, or GLUED to the sides of the seats with soda!

I took several pictures but only had time to snap one AFTER picture. I used Top of the Lines "Deep Down" Leather/Vinyl cleaner for the seats and door panels and the carpet was cleaned using 303`s Fabric and Upholstrey Pre-Spotter and that new Century carpet extractor I reviewed earlier.

Here is the BEFORE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the AFTER shot when the cleaning was done and also the carpet. I must also mention that I used my steam vapor cleaner which is so handy when doing these grimy type cars.

I also want to share with you all something NEW that I am using as a interior scrubber for leather and vinyl. But first the AFTER pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! I do have to admit though....it looks like the van after the wife and kids use it for about a week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job.......this is all i get when someone hand me a Caravan or bigger..

I see an orange piece of something on the mat...doesn`;t look like it goes there......????

I see a pencil tooo

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a little "orange" spot in the AFTER picture thatis from a piece of candy and I was able to get it out but took a picture before I did.

Now sometime ago Irene from Top of the Line sent me some new "Microhair" paint cleaning/polishing pads that can be used on a PC and another one that can be used by hand.

The ones for the PC worked OK but I really didn`t like the hand pad because it seemed to be too aggressive for hand use on soft paint. So one day I forgot my leather cleaning pad at home and saw this pad just laying there in one of my bins so I thought I would give it a try on a door panel. I sprayed a little Deep Down on it, slipped my midle and index finger into the velcro adjustable finger loop and started to scrub away. I was totally blown away by how this pad not only really foamed up the Deep Down but how well it cleaned all the "grained" texture of the door panel.

After a few passes I wiped it dry with a MF towel and then tried it on the dash board. Because it is a nice size but yet very flexiable I covered the whole dash in two passes, every corner and curve, and then wiped it dry.

I then moved on to the leather seats and it worked fantastic on cleaning the leather, even all the stitching areas. So where it did not work well, IMHO, on paint it does a AWESOME job on interiors. The finger loops is very comfy and it rinses out easily plus you can remove it from the velcro pad and toss it in the washing machine. I highly recommend these little pads if you are loking for a way to increase your speed plus get better results at interior cleaning. Here is the link http://www.topoftheline.com/microfiberhandbuffer.html

Anthony

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you forgot a pencil down there. lol Good work. Put some overtime hours on your vacuum it looks like.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...OK guys just where are you seeing a "pencil".....I feel like I am looking for "Waldo" as I stare at the picture.

Help me out here guys.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    They even sell s100...wow...i thought you could only get it in Harley stores
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco
    LOL...OK guys just where are you seeing a "pencil".....I feel like I am looking for "Waldo" as I stare at the picture.

Help me out here guys.

Anthony
    Top right...undeer black bracket....

Post Thanks / Like
    Its in the before picture too. It looks like it just got rolled up under the seat rail. Still, no denying that it looks better. For some reason that is the condition of every SUV I`ve ever seen. This is why my kids will not be allowed in my car. The wife will have to have her own car to tote the little buggers around in. I can`t imagine doing a cleaning like that on two cars. Blech!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Fuzz
    For some reason that is the condition of every SUV I`ve ever seen. This is why my kids will not be allowed in my car.
    So ..if we see some kids running along side a car...a nicely detail`d car....that may be THE FUZZ..???/....KIDDING...
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Running along side it? Nah. They`ll be pushing it so I can save gas. Daddy is gonna teach them a work ethic early on. If they ain`t pushin then they better be inside waving a fan or something so I don`t have to use the air conditioner. I can`t wait to have kids. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahhh, now I see the little bugger

Actually I did not forget the pencil nor overlook it, it`s just that I did not clean that area yet. When I clean interiors I do the back section first (vacuum and pre-spot first) starting with behind the seats if they can be pulled up. After the rear glass, door panels, kick panels and seats are done I move onto the carpets and forward from there.

I must mention again that you all really need to try those Microfinger pads for interior cleaning. I have 3 of them and tomorrow I am going to try one as a window scrubber. I`ll post my results if I get the chance to test one.

Anthony

:bye

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that thing was terrible I gotta try that TOTL Leather Cleaner is it similar to #39 I use that on leather and it works great makes it really matte non greasy and gets the Original color out.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You are forgetting your punctuation again Frozen. Gotta stop doing that.

#39 is a strong cleaner for vinyl and plastic. I wouldn`t necessarily use it on leather. I`ve used #40 on leather and that works just fine. I would prefer to use an actual leather conditioner and cleaner just to make sure I`m not doing damage to the leather in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information