Thread: Boats

ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like

Boats

It just dawned on me that it might be benificial to me to include boats in my services. I was just wondering if any special products are needed other than what is used on cars?, Special waxes? anything? thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi HBlazer there is money to be made in boats and yes there are different cleaners and waxes some people like a silicone some like what they call beezwax.The hardest parts of boats is getting them clean especialy salt water or poluted water, i use a presure washer to get the grime off then i use a compound, most of the time it is perfect it by 3m not to harsh but cleans well.On the inside you got to know about what different types of wood and there finishes that are on them you can`t use any thing to harsh or it will dull the finish.If you want to try this area of detailing i sugest you go to your local marina and check the different types of cleaners and waxes and you will be surprised at the different products that can be used .When i compound i use my PC when i wax i use my orbital.The other problems that you could run into is some marina`s don`t like outsiders doing work they normaly would do so some require you to have insurance, i seen some requiring 1 million to start! This is just an outline of detailing boats just like auto`s you got to practice and with experience you get better at it good luck and get ready for some hard work if you do boats.Oyeah don`t forget the bildge most boat owners are picky about how nice there engine compartment is they even have special cleaners for that.
    reasonable people come to reasonable conclusions

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s an interesting article about getting involved in boat detailing. http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?IndexID=6630457

Article Summary: For detailers living near waterways, boat detailing can be a natural extension of auto detailing, with few barriers to entry. Getting started can be relatively easy, but there are a number of considerations before taking on those first customers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have thought about doing boats since I live right on the Detroit River. Have not really looked into it much though. I think it would be very profitable.

Thread Information