Post Thanks / Like

referral programs and discounts

Does anybody have any good ideas for referral programs to generate new business? Should I offer a free wash and wax or something similar to customers who refer me to new clients. What are some good incentives that work?

Mod Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing speaks louder than CASH!!

Cut them in on the first detail.
    I think its good for 2 reasons:
    1. It`s something that they can use right away.
    2. It`s less work for you not to give away a free anything to the person bird-doggin for you.

Gettting your hands on the referral`s vehicle, that`s all you`ll need to win them as a permanent client too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason,
    I found something that works for me. My old and new referral program is to offer a free wash and vac to the customer who referred someone to me. I say old and new because nothing has changed in that regard. What has changed is how the referral is sent. The old way didn`t get me many referrals because I and the customer never knew if it was a referral, who sent it, etc. Now, I have the customer call me with name and number of the referral. Many benefits to this, 1st I get continued contact with clients 2. I use the call to get an idea about the referral and what they are looking for. 3. I always know who sent the referral 4. It`s a tangable way for a customer to be involved in the process and know that they are benefiting. 5. It provides me with built in raport. Info about the customer, referral, how they know each other, what they do for fun, the groups they belong to, etc...this raport and info inturn leads to more referrals.
    I read about doing this in the Walstreet Journal around December last year. It`s been working far better for me than the old generic referral program.
    denverdetail
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I offer a 25 % discount to the customer that gives me referals or a few car wash with in a month of the full detail. This has worked for me big time in getting my network up
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Referrals are one of the most cost effective ways of attracting new customers. From a business standpoint, there are almost no advertising dollars spent. The only real cost of getting a current customer to refer someone to you, is the cost of you providing a professional quality detailing service in the first place. You must give a customer all the right reasons, before they are going to be willing to tell their friends and family about your service. They must be completely satisfied and impressed with the way you do business.

Here’s a good incentive to let your customers know that it’s alright for them to tell their friends and family about your service. Offer them a Twenty Dollars-Off Certificate for every referral they make that becomes a new customer. They will save twenty dollars off their next detailing and you will gain a new customer.

Remember, you must first provide a professional quality detailing service.

Thread Information