Thread: website

Post Thanks / Like

website

Anyone know of a way to get a web site or web page going for free . something i can work one with time before i put it out there . Thanks in advance
    "you cant judge a car by its cover "

Glorified cleaning lady M23Accord's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you get the software and create the website, you can always upgrade or change it as many times as you like. Go to www.godaddy.com. THey have cheap rates and give good service. The program I use is Website Complete. All in all, its about $55 to get up and running, not bad.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Post Thanks / Like
    THANKS!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.free-webhosts.com/

This site is extremely helpful when you are looking for free webhosting. They have summaries of the services out there and reviews so you can select one very easily without having to sign up and try them all. I chose http://www.100webspace.com for my hosting and have not been disappointed. Their sign up is easy, there are no ads, the control layout is simple, they have all the features I could want, the hosting is stable and fast, and its all free.

I am still looking for good URL redirection, http://www.tk is what I use currently but it is unreliable. Hopefully I will find something better soon.

Microsoft Frontpage has served me fine as an HTML editor. I`m sure your computer either came with it or you can borrow the Microsoft Office suite from someone to get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the tip. Now they will allow me to make a page and pick a name .....a www.mywebname.com and i can advertise that , people can log onto the site? or do they allow me to make a page and i have to pay for the name. thanks again for the tips

Post Thanks / Like
    Free hosting companies will host your webpage but it will be at a longer address, usually something like www.hostingcompany.com/yourusername/. If you want a .com, you will have to pay for it, although they really aren`t that expensive. If you choose to go that route, you might want to use the company m23Accord suggested, they seem like a good deal. That is probably your best option unless you are trying to advertise on free or very low cost budget like I am. My detailing gig is only for the summer because I`m going away to school in the fall, so I don`t want to pay all the money to get set up with a domain when I will only benefit for a month. If it were not for this cirumstance I would very seriously consider a paid hosting service like www.godaddy.com.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made my new site on 1and1.com
    ~$30 for 6 months.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) may also have some space for which you all ready pay for in your monthly billing.
    Kayel17
    If It Floats, Rolls or Flyes, I can make it Shine!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: website

Originally posted by ohsoclean
    something i can work one with time before i put it out there . Thanks in advance
    You can create any page on your PC, you don’t need to have web hosting to view ideas you want to try on a page. But if you want one up and running at the same time yeah all the ones suggested above are GTG.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know computers . but then again i dont know um . i know word and how to get pics music on and off the web and uploading and dl stuff you know basics. what program do i need to build a site . thanks . will it be on my comp allready is it a micro soft thing . i have optimum online. maybe they provide free web page

Thread Information