Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy Delivers

Yesterday I had a call from the people who run the Vintage Porshe Race team...they had lost track of me due to my original paper labels disinigrating:eek...but they looked me up on the web and called. I met one of their drivers a year and a half ago and blew them away with Professional Polish on race cars for removing rubber and track debris from their finishes. They had been using tarminator but it was also removing their sponsors sticker which is a nono:nono ....I demonstrated it and they were hooked.
    Yesterday I took a ride to their shop, about 5 miles away, and took awd330 with me....I told her the story and she just thought I was exagerating. When we arrived we were nicely greeted by the driver I had previously known and then he took us into the shop...were he announced " hey boys the Polish is here" and a bunch of mechanics came running...they were very excited and quickly bought the few bottles I had. Of course they needed more than I brought. we wandered around the shop and checked out all the cool race cars and other Porshes being worked on.
    Needless to say I have to go back today and bring more..
    I also think I know a certain Porshe owner who wants to go back for a second look
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thks,
    I use tarminator too, I will try the polish!!!, did you just use a foam pad and do it by hand, or a PC??
    thks
    jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jeff at the show I used a soft cotton cloth...yesterday the funny thing was that the driver used a tissue to demonstate it on a race car to the mechanics

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear Steve, I have a local Porsche racing team, at our local track Sear Point. I will make a call today and see if they have the same problem. I sure hope so!

I also used it as a plastic cleaner the other day and its a keeper...Thanks Steve
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    A tissue? noway! A Kleenex type Tissue? With all due respect, I`m not buying that.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dalmore
    A tissue? noway! A Kleenex type Tissue? With all due respect, I`m not buying that.
    It`s true! I saw it myself. The guy grabbed a kleenex, poured a dab of Pro Polish onto it, and then walked over to a race car and began rubbing the front air dam. It immediately cleaned off some pieces of melted rubber and other miscellaneous track dirt, but left the sponsor decals undamaged. Suddenly, it turned into a feeding frenzy as a swarm of mechanics started grabbing up all the bottles of Pro Polish. People were waving $20 bills from every direction. The bottles quickly disappeared, and we were left with some sad faced mechanics who hadn`t moved fast enough to snatch up one of the precious few bottles. Steve said he would bring more bottles, and their eyes just lit up like kids at Christmas.

The shop was very interesting. Lots of Porsches everywhere you looked. The race car that was used for the PP demo was up on a lift. It had a full skid plate underneath. Right next to that was a beautiful blueish grey whale tail. I love whale tails! I hope I can tag along for another look when Steve goes back. Maybe we can convert them to microfiber towels instead of kleenex next time.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by awd330
    Suddenly, it turned into a feeding frenzy as a swarm of mechanics started grabbing up all the bottles of Pro Polish. People were waving $20 bills from every direction.
    Whatever you do, don`t show them how easy EX-P works; how well it would protect those race care finishes, and how sharp those vehicles would look........................ if you don`t have enough EX-P to go around, you won`t get out of the building alive!

Those Porsche mechanics can be like Piranha`s! :rolling

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always pointed people to regular Moose Wax for rubber removal (I have several drag racing friends and customers). But, Pro Polish is a better sell since it`s so much more versatile. I`ll have to add rubber removal to it`s long list of abilities!
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve Steve...trade my man, trade - PP for oh i don`t know say a --PORSCHE ??
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    It`s true! I saw it myself. The guy grabbed a kleenex, poured a dab of Pro Polish onto it, and then walked over to a race car and began rubbing the front air dam.
    Hmmmmm, I guess I need to try some of this mystical polish. Why would I select PP or PWC obviously one has Carnuaba but beyond that - they are similar, no?
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have them both - I use PP everywhere - glass, hard textured plastic trim - my head :lol it`s awesome and a great addition.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by groebuck
    I use PP everywhere
    You really need to get that under control :rolling

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Second delivery today also dropped off some samples of EX-P too....needless to say they were real happy and asked me to come back with more products. ahhhh ...they also had a flat 6 with 450hp on an engine stand that would fit real good in awd330`s Porshe

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    ahhhh ...they also had a flat 6 with 450hp on an engine stand that would fit real good in awd330`s Porshe
    Of course, that would probably void my manufacturer`s warranty......... but it would be worth it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Steve thats good to hear! Why don`t you put a logo on some of their cars? "Poorboys World":crazy

Thread Information