Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Nick as usual - on the polish where would you put it between AIO and PwC?
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Wolfgang Review

Originally posted by Nickc0844
    . When it came to buffing it off, some of the "heavy" spots were a bit hard to remove. However, that`s when the detail spray got busted out, and it obliterated any build up with extreme ease. I then finished the entire buffing process with the detail spray, and acheived great results. The durability claims 5 months+, but we`ll see.
    [/B]
    Nick, thanks for the review and the for taking the time to write such a thourough review. I appreciate it.

One question, do you think that using the QD to remove the sealant could compromise durability? I am just thinking that since it is best to leave sealants or carnauba for that matter untouched for 24 hours to allow proper curing that using the QD for removal could effect durabililty. Thoughts?

BTW, for those of you that have the kit, look out for the edges of the towel. It looks like a hot knife was used to cut the towels and caused some scorching of the fabiric. That can be VERY bad for your paint. :bigscream

Post Thanks / Like
    Good point Joe, and to tell you the truth, I`m not quite sure what my take is on it. I have heard plenty of product manufactuers say, "Yeah, go ahead and spray some of our detail spray on a MF, and then take the wax/sealant off." At the same time, I don`t think their conceren is how long the durability will last, rather, they are more interested in keeping the customer satisfied with ease of use results. Kinda follow?

Hard to tell, the shine is the exact same comparing panels---not spotty by any means. Maybe I`ll take a look at it a few months down the road and see :dunno

At the same time, I`ve heard that one can accelerate the cure time of carnuba (5-7 days) by doing a cool spritz of water after the initial buffing, where as for a sealant (cure time 1-3 days) might not see this effect.

Not beating around the bush or anything, but this question is probably left best up to a chemist or manufactuer. Sorry, you stumpped me!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by groebuck
    Nice Nick as usual - on the polish where would you put it between AIO and PwC?
    Tough selection Groebuck, as both of those are All in One type products. This is a very weak polish--not in quality by any means--but in abrasiveness. It really replenished the nutrients back into the surface, but didn`t take out a lot of the deeper swirls. I would more or less compare this to a Mullet Wax Awesome Polish or a step below Poorboy`s Pro Polish. It really gave a more wet look, actually identical to SSR1 now that I think of it, but more oily.
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Man nothing can touch acid wheel cleaners. The tail pipe and wheels inside and out look perfect. Did you have to scrub the inside lip of the wheels at all. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review, I enjoyed reading it! The Exped looks brand new.

What did you use on the tires?

Post Thanks / Like
    Frozen, your absolutely right, acid works the best!! I did use a flexible brush on the inside of the wheels, but really, the acid did most of the work.....I just got a bit wet hosing it down

Like I said, the pipe got the acid, scrubbed it with the tire brush for 10 seconds, and then hosed off!

I used Adam`s VRT as the base, followed up by Poorboy`s Bold n` Bright. The tires were new, and looked like they needed some extra conditioning already.
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick what kind of safty steps do you use when useing the Acid wheel cleaner. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    As for safety, I first pray

First off I see exactly what I am dealing with. If the stuff has been baked on, I will take a Q-tip and test it....if no problems, I will do the entire wheel (foaming sprayer, 1/2 acid, 1/2 water). Light agitation occurs next, and then rinse off thoroughly. Knock on wood, I haven`t had trouble yet.

If hazing were to occur, I`m sure I could take a polish to relieve this. I used it again today with painted wheels and a powerwasher....not a single problem, and there are brighteners left behind that leave the wheel nice and shiney.
    Nick Carberry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information