Thread: Getting started

Compliant User Title
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting started

Im trying to start my own detailing company. I worked as a detailer for one year, and absolutly love it. I had to get out b/c it was a dead end job at the time, and now im on track at my career. But, i love it so much and know that im pretty good at it that i wanna give a shot to being my own boss.

I want to start off small, just on weekends and doing it in my driveway, and doign the detailing in my garage. Its a pretty big garage, so space isnt a problem.

I just need an idea of what i need, as far as supplies go and about how much up front i would need to start. Website links are perfectly fine. Eventually i want to get into mobile detailing, and I`m in long island, NY. Where can i find out laws restriciting mobile detailing as far as waste etc goes.

Also if anyone is looking for a partner or the like in a business of this nature, once again im in long island, so let me know. I would also like to possibily buy a mobile detailing van/trailer/ etc in the near future.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The link in my signature is the best advice I can give you so far. For about a $300 - $400 dollar investment you can outfit yourself with what you need to run a business out of your trunk. If you want to go high dollar and get the fancy extractors and pressure washers then it will be more expensive. I`ve operated out of my trunk as a mobile detailer for several years and it has worked out really well for me. I`ve moved out of my trunk into my garage now, but I still have to pack it up every now and then to go out on a job.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Compliant User Title
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone know about the NY waste water laws?

Compliant User Title
    Post Thanks / Like
    i planned on getting a PC 7424.....but an old friend told me that this polisher wont get out some swirls and scratches.

Whats everyone`s opinion on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dtailthis2
    i planned on getting a PC 7424.....but an old friend told me that this polisher wont get out some swirls and scratches.

Whats everyone`s opinion on this?
    It all depends. With the right combo of speed, pad type, product, and patience, you could remove MOST imperfections. It is MUCH safer than a rotary and although it may take a bit more time it is well worth the cost. IMO

Eric

Thread Information