Thread: Still learning!

Post Thanks / Like

Still learning!

Hi all. I am new to detailing and learning all I can thru study and many of the message boards that are available. I have not made a dime yet detailing because I don`t want to be classified as a hack. I want to get it right from the start when I put my name out there. I will be a moble operator because nobody that I can find In my area offers this service. I buy equipment as I can afford it still have aways to go before I am up and running. So keep up the good posts I visit here often.

Superb Shine

Post Thanks / Like
    Superb Shine,
    I am new to this site but not new to detailing. Just want to let you know that their is great money in this business if you`re willing to put time and hard work into each car. My advice to you is that when you learn how to really detail a car put your effort into one car and charge what you`re worth. Alot of people make the mistake of wanting to tons of cars in one day. If folks see that you`re dedicated, people will be willing to spend big money on you.-Dan
    Daniel Grant

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Superb Shine,

I too am new to the forum. I also am working towards a Moble / Shop detailing business. How are you handling cleaning the carpets? What kind of machines do you have or what are you planning on buying. Good luck too all.
    Thanks
    wcdetailer

Post Thanks / Like
    wcdetailer,

Right know I am using a professonal carpet foaming shampoo and good brush and a shop vac until I can afford an extractor.

Superb Shine

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been at detailing for some time. I work at it mostly part time but after geting laid off before summer I made a go at it full time. Now that winter is coming I`m going back to work in the electronics industry. I`ll pisk it back up in the spring and of course all winter as weather allows me.

I can concur on working on one car at a time, I had plenty of work and not ONE! person give me problems. My thought was do it the right way the first time and you won`t have to look at it a second time.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Thread Information