Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    :nono

No drivey for Nicky.....I`ll just accept a ride though!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some Ferrari 355 Engine Out service engine details. Thought this would fit in good in the thread here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    During Cleaning
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    After engine cleaning service and back in engine compartment. This engine was a `95 Ferrari F355 Spyder. This was from another forum its not my work. Enjoy.......
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, did you do that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope thats a post from Ferrarichat.com that was a 30k service on a 95" F355 Spyder.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome car and awesome pics. You obviously have a fine reputation as a detailer for this client to trust you with his vehicle.

Here is what I gathered from the pics. First it is a silver car, new if not near new, and garage kept. Would before pics of this vehicle look much different? Can you post some before pics?

The engine bay in the after shot and the tires have an oily/greasy look to them. Does the product you applied to these surfaces dry?

Also in this pic there is reflection of allot of stuff scattered about. In my experience it looks un-professional to the client to see this. Do you detail out of a van or trailer?

Just my 2 cents--------

Thanks,
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ferrari is an 03`, garage kept, and has little mileage on it. However, there were swirls into it, but the sky was overcast and did not take pics. There was wax residue EVERYWHERE, and it took me over 30 minutes to clean up after someone else. If I was allowed to drive it, I would have moved the car to take better pics, but I had a wall to my left side, so I was a bit limited. This was the first of 2 details that day, and it took me 9 hrs (before daylight savings) so I was limited on the time I had to take pictures.

The Adam`s In and Out spray dries upon contact (used on engine)....that is what I love about it! It is in aresole form too, so it makes it that much easier. It is not greasy to the touch. As for the tires, it is the water-based, and highly loved, Poorboy`s Bold n` Bright.

As for products, well, all I can say is that your right. As for unprofessional, I got more comments from him, his son, and his clients that were at the house about how many products I had. I was able to educate them (briefly) about what detailing is to me. Is it the right thing to do, surely not. Access to products is easier though. Here`s the thing, I detailed 4 of his cars over 2 days without seeing them. How was I supposed to know exactly what to use or bring? There is not a one all, cure all product out there. There were fewer products the next day I was there since I knew what to bring.

Many of you know this, but I will just reitterate. I am the Director of Sales for a company called Georgia Borders here in Atlanta. I started "The Details" back in college before taking on a sales internship before graduation from Kennesaw State University (NCAA Basketball 2004 Champs, thank you). I am not an everyday detailer, however, I have been doing, on average, 2 cars/week on top of working 30-40 hrs at GB. That week I did 6, and pulled almost 80 hrs.

I do this for 1) Fun 2) To see that I started a successful, legitimate business 3) To make More Money, not a living.

At 23 (as of Wed), I have 3 cars and a Harley and am currently waiting acceptance to Law School which starts in August. I would get a trailer if I knew that I was going to do this on a permanent basis, but the way I see it, I can save money (on the trailer itself, storage, and maintenance) by hauling it in my everyday car. I look like a maid service when unload, but once again, I`LL LET THE WORDS TO THE TALKING.....
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your quick reply. I am also from Atlanta, Chamblee.

Good luck in Law School
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ferrari 355 engine looks really good huh. ? Lol
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nick...

That`s great work and I know I don`t have to mention this but I will....your work speaks for itself and the fact that so many people trust you, a part time detailer with such high end vehicles is a true compliment to your ability. I`ve been around DC for a while and I don`t post very often but I have noticed that you are ALWAYS willing to help others so keep it up.
    Ringo

Post Thanks / Like
    Ringo, you just made my day!! Thank you so much for your kind words!!
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Ringo. For the short time i know Nick (and it is in this time that i feel i have already bonded with him well), i must say he provides continual and uninhibited support and answers to any and ALL of my inquiries/questions....and the questions of people throughout the forums too.

His work speaks for himself, and his positive and friendly attitude only prove what a genuine, good-natured person he is, a true asset in my books!
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BaDm0theR
    I agree with Ringo. For the short time i know Nick (and it is in this time that i feel i have already bonded with him well), i must say he provides continual and uninhibited support and answers to any and ALL of my inquiries/questions....and the questions of people throughout the forums too.

His work speaks for himself, and his positive and friendly attitude only prove what a genuine, good-natured person he is, a true asset in my books!
    Couldnt have said it better myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought on the "Engine Out" service. It costs about $10,000! Yeah, you thought the car was expensive just to buy...
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information