Post Thanks / Like

Maintenance plans

Do any of you pros offer a maintenence plan? If you do, could you please lay out for me what you do, what you charge, and for how long the plan goes for. I`m thinking on how to set this up but was wondering how you all do it. I`d like to start the client off with a complete inside/outside detail and then doing a interior cleaning(vacuum, dusting,windows etc.) and exterior cleaning for the next 4 weeks.
    I know you`re saying "uh ok, that`s sounds good to me" but what I`m looking for is anyone willing to share how they go about this. Any thoughts would be great.
    Derek

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    it really depends on how busy you are..if you can book full details everyday then offering a maintenece plan will cut down on profits and available time..if you are just starting out it could be a way of getting the same people back over and over, and hopefully getting some referals.
    Most people I found want it done a few times a year ...there are some anal aand lazy people who will want their vehicle cleaned more often, but you must make sure that the maintenece does not replace getting new customers for full details.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Professional Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We offer maintainence plans, with fairly good success. I`ll try to scan my flyer later so ya`ll can see what I`m sayin but basically here`s how it works:

Customer contacts me for appt, appt is made, vehicle is detailed. After the vehcile has undergone it`s final inspection, I go get the customer to do a walkaround and inspection with me. Any concerns cust had like scratch or stain is checked with them. Get them excited about their fresh ride. Explain briefly what dressing and wax are used, for example and how long they will last.

This is the perfect time to sign the customer up for the maint plan. CLOSE THE DEAL. Emphasize how important it is to keep their investment looking like this. Stress:

1.) It is easier and less costly in the long run to go this route.
    2) The cust. will have confidence that the same, trusted individual will be caring for thier car.

Pool maint., lawn care, auto appearance, all the same to me. Why have one lawn guy this week, another the next, etc. I guarantee you if your cust`s have pools and lawns, they also signed up for some sort of maint. plan.

>>>rambling<<<

I have several different plans. Some are weekly, some bi-weekly, some monthly, and even have a few customers on the annual plan. (This is where the insist on caring for their own car on the weekends, but have us do the quarterly details and anything else as the need arises. (like scratches, spills, etc.)

Most cust`s are billed monthly and are also mailed an appt. calendar. OK, say cust. has one car, an Accord. Want the bi-weekly. Wants to pay monthly. $70 per month ($35 X 2)

Same cust, same car, wants to pay quarterly. ($35 X 6 = $210 plus the quarterly detail @$150. Total = $360 less 10% discount for purchasing in advance = $324.

There`s all sorts of ways to set it up. I guess most important, determine your customer`s needs, make the a presentable offer the can`t refuse, emphasize this is PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT, same TRUSTED technician every time, and VALUE. Don`t sell yourself short, and always thank the customer for their business.

Hope that helps a little,

Mike
    Mike R.
    "Get That Great New Car Feeling"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stainbuster

There`s all sorts of ways to set it up. I guess most important, determine your customer`s needs, make the a presentable offer the can`t refuse, emphasize this is PROTECTING YOUR INVESTMENT, same TRUSTED technician every time, and VALUE. Don`t sell yourself short, and always thank the customer for their business.

Hope that helps a little,

Mike [/B]

This is very good. Thanks Mike. And thanks to everyone for the replies:cool

Professional Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Also wanted to mention that the lowest advertised price on my flyer is $75 cars/$90 trucks&vans

I had the $35-$45 basic maintainence wash package on there at one time, but quickly found out that many new customers will migrate to the lowest price automatically. So I took it off. That package is offered ONLY to existing customers. More often than not, the people who wanted the cheapest way out had the crappiest cars and were never heard from again.
    Last edited by stainbuster; 06-23-2004 at 10:39 AM.
    Mike R.
    "Get That Great New Car Feeling"

Thread Information