Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NXT cloudy?

Post Thanks / Like
    rabbi,

I have a pearl white Maxima, and just used NXT this afternoon. It definitely gave my white a shimmer. What was really cool is that my white paint got much clearer reflections (and you know how hard getting good reflections on light colors can be). I used to use Meg`s #26 (which I liked), and switched to Meg`s #20 about 6 months ago (I liked it even better on my pearl white). So far, I`m really liking the NXT. From all the posts on other boards, it should look even better after curing about 24 hours.
    I don`t mean to jump on the "NXT is better than sliced bread" wagon, but I really like how my white paint has a shimmering, wet look with clear reflections. And it hasn`t muted the pearl, either. Personally, I think it would be a good option to have in your arsenal to play around with. And if you don`t like it on the exterior paint, you could always use it on things like wheels, door jambs, engine bay, etc. as a really slick sealant.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    That is what matters most ... Liking the way your vehicle looks. Isn`t it great that we all have our own personal tastes ... otherwise it would be boring ... using the same product everyone else uses. I have also used FD on NXT after washing and I does look great ... Wet and Shiney ...
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    It was almost 50 today here so I had to do the cars. On my parents black Mountaineer, I did AIO and NXT. I did notice NXT was a bit streaky and cloudy...but I did do it in the morning when it was 40 out, so that could be why. It had a lot of swirls and cobwebs.....it really needs some SSR2...but NXT definatly reduced them. I did my parents other car yesterday which is toreador red and noticed streaks/clouding in that also, but today when I looked at it everything was gone. So if you`re having problem with clouding, just wait a day.

My car is silver and I had been using NXT on it but I had to see for myself why everybody says it doesn`t look good on metalic. I thought it looked great. I put on AIO/SG/TSx2. It looks even better. That said I had to take about an hour to do that compaired to 20 min with NXT. I`d still like to try UPP on silver so I`ll pick some up with my next order.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will fall in love with UPP on silver
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Carglow - I have seen it too - on my paint and on my roomate`s truck - I did a full meg`s regime on it using Meg`s DC cleaner/polish and then NXT all applied by PC - his truck is black and it does look really great in the sunshine - but in the garage it has a cloudy look to it up close - hard to explain - I can attest to it not being great for metallic paints - IMO experience - UPP and EX make metallics pop so much more -
    You have activated my special ability....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information