Post Thanks / Like

PC help please...

Hey everyone, I`m the excited new owner of a 7336sp as of last night! Now I need some help with the patterns I should use. I could only find one thread where the pattern was listed as up/down, left/right, diagonal right/left, then diagonal left/right. Is this the proper procedure or are there any other/better ones out there? Also is there different patterns when doing 1. diff panels(hood, door, etc) 2. diff procedures(swirl removal, polish, seal) Thanks for all the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see you picked up a PC. The 7336 SP is great and you will just need pads and a backing plate.

Everyone generally has different PC movements, but you should always overlap and use the correct PC speed. Look at this link:
    http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums...1430487&page=1

You usually change how you hold the PC for vertical panels and sometimes for different parts of the car. Change your speeds for polishes and waxes.

Polishes should usually be 4 and up. Waxes should be 3 and less.

Enjoy

Post Thanks / Like
    ive done about 20 cars with mine & i usually go vertical then horizontal then maybe vertical on polish . to remove or hide scratches with polish speed 5 works good .i think any faster just tears up pads .. wax/sealer i use speed 4 . and make sure i got everything covered . also im in the habit of masking trim with blue painters tape 1 in wide ... i dont damage trim & i go over everything ..no hand work .. but i remove everything by hand,, good luck
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the help you guys...can`t wait to get out there and try it. I`ll have to borrow a friends camera but I`ll try and post some before/afters also so I can be critiqued by the masters!

Thread Information