Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Acrylic Werks, how will it stack up?

Hello all,

I will try and make this as short as possible. A gentleman by the name of Mark Gonzales is selling a auto care product called "AcrylicWerks" and claims it can not only seal and protect your paint but also remove oxidation and remove swirls and do it without any abrasive cleaning agents. I was skeptical of it and since he is located in San Antonio I said I would get a car in bad shape so we could see just how well it works. I would take one side of the hood and he the other.

The pictures attached are of a 13 year old Chevy black truck, yes the paint is actually black, but so badly oxidized that it looks grey.

It is a single stage paint and the first two pictures are "before". The paint is so dead that it gives no reflection, not even a overhead light. I will post the results after Mark does his side. Who knows he may have the "silver bullet" we are all looking for.

Anthony
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    After pic 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Last after pic showing a slight improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet it`s another AIO kind of product. We have Car-Lack, Grojet, etc...
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Boss_429
    Good info Anthony. Keep us posted on the results. It would be interesting if you would do the other side with AIO, or another good cleaner/wax to compare the results.

Seems like a lot of these "Miracle products" are coming out everyday?

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Anthony. Did you keep track of the time it took you. If this "miracle product" can do it in seconds than I will take a case and probably get rid of all my paint cleaners, but I won`t be doing it too soon as I am a bit of a skeptic with this product. I saw the website for this and also somewhere where the owner mentions that he charges over $300 to personally detail cars. If this is a "miracle product" that detail would take less than 2 hours. Crossing my fingers hoping this works so I can start making $150 an hour detailing.

Boss the AIO comment is interesting. Anthony can you take another panel with some AIO and see what that does to that car.

Post Thanks / Like
    The improvement you see was achieved thru traditional ways that Anthony is not describing on this thread. He did it so that Mark would test his product on the other half of the hood.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah but this is Anthony, he can outshine just about all of us, well maybe not Natty, I bet those two would run on par with each other.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    actually I know Anthony did that with traditional products. I was being slightly sarcastic about this "miracle product" because if one product could do all this then alot of companies would be out of business and everyone would just buy this one product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

It took me just about under an hour to do that section of the hood. Counting the 3 times I had to rinse out my pads also.

I used the Das Polster orange pads with Meguiars #4 Heavy Duty Cleaner, two passes with this combo, then I used a new orange pad with a 1500 grit leveler.

I did in fact use AIO on my side by hand. I can`t emphasize enough just how horrible the paint is on this truck, in fact if you look at the before pictures you can`t see any of the hail damage but they really show up once the panel is buffed and polished.

I might have been able to get a bit more shine and gloss from that paint had I given it a few more passes in the polishing stage. My purpose for using such an aggressive first product and pad combo was because Mark claims that such cleaners cause more damage than they fix. This is obviously not true. There is no further damage to the paint nor is the paint burned.

We will also test a red car with major swirls on the hood and I will post those results also.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    I simply cannot wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

It will be very interesting to see how Mark`s side turns out. I`ve worked on one car that was about that bad (the owner wanted to sell it, and thought it was worth it to `clean it up`), and using conventional products, it still took me over 5 hours to clean the paint. I`m fairly skeptical of Mark`s claims, but am willing to be open-minded about things, especially since you are there to lend credibility to the "test".

-DavidM

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

Has he even responded to and accepted this challenge???

I`m looking forward to seeing what he can do... (Careful though - I hear he can really talk your ear off).

If I hear that Anthony (one of the greatest detailers of our time) bought a case of that sh - err stuff - - I`ll ummm, I`ll smash my PC and go bake pizzas for a living....

Onthespot
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    onthespot......then I`ll deliver the pizzas
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will toss the dough, and I can sing Italian songs. Im a good singer!
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information