Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rewards

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Rewards

I know why I love detailing so much. The rewards of the job are immediate and oh so gratifying.

This is my 2001 F150 Supercab. two year old paint, non-garaged and driven daily.

Natty
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    another view

Natty
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome looking truck....for a Ford I mean.

What was your detailing plan for it?
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like
    One more...I love a well dressed tire. The a/t type tires are a pain in the butt. These are dressed with Bold N Brite and buffed dry with a terry towel about 5 minutes after the dressing was applied. This cuts the shine back a bit plus eliminates any sling. If they were left to dry on their own it would have been more of a glossy, wet look. Some people like that look but I prefer it toned down a bit.

Also notice how the fenderwell area is nice and black. No touchups just Bold N Brite sprayed in and left to dry on its own. BNB work great as an undercarriage spray.

Natty
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rtbrick
    Awesome looking truck....for a Ford I mean.

What was your detailing plan for it?
    Thx RT....ah, a Cheby man? LOL I not one who trashes other brands. I`m an automobile enthusiast and can appreciate other rides/brands etc.

Anyway, I spread the job over two days. I did a complete interior detail on it a couple days ago. Took me about 1.5 hours with shampooing the seats (no carpet in my truck, just a black rubber mat floor). Next day was just a wash and fresh coat of Poorboys applied with PC and polishing pad. Followed up with trim/tire dressing and finally glass.

Now I just need to build that two and a half car garage I`ve been dying for. I hate getting the truck all nice and spiffy only to find it covered in pollen and tree debris the next morning.

Natty
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx RT....ah, a Cheby man? LOL I not one who trashes other brands. I`m an automobile enthusiast and can appreciate other rides/brands etc.
    So refreshing! I feel the same way.

The truck looks amazing. I love the red, it is a very bright a vibrant color. Is that all you did to the outside, just add another layer of EX? If so wow!

Good luck with the garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Umm Natty...is that DIRT I see on the inside of the rim there?!?!?! :p
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Boss_429

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Don
    Umm Natty...is that DIRT I see on the inside of the rim there?!?!?! :p
    Don,

I seriously doubt it!

Natty,

Red October looks immaculate................. but, I`m not the least bit surprised! What better advertisement could you have for your detailing biz!

Looks like I`ll have to add some B&B to my list. What was your combo for the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    Natty that trucks looks amazing, can only imagine it in person. EX looks spectacular on red, or maybe it is just the skill of the detailer. Sure must be easy getting clients driving something like that around. I know you are married so I won`t mention the chicks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just good natured ribbing about the Fords, gentlemen. My apologies. I do favor Chevrolet, but I inspected all the big names before I purchased my current truck. Recently, I considered trading for one of the new Dodges before I realized that Ford is doing a make-over on the F series for 2004. That and waiting to see what my next (military) assignment holds for next year.

I hope my truck looks half as good when I finally detail it. Mine also lives outside all the time.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like
    EBP.....truth be told this was just a wash and Poorboy`s Original Polish w/carnauba. It is a one step type product that is a fluorocarbon resin with carnauba added (very much like EX) but with some cleaning properties to it. Sort of like a Klasse AIO on steroids. Applied with PC set at 5 and white VC polishing pad worked until the product began to dust. Applied to the entire vehicle in direct mid-day sun (94 degrees) then came back and buffed off no problem. The truck previously had one side of EX and one side of a special up and coming paste wax.

Don...you would be correct (sorry Boss ). You see the whole reason I have to split my truck up into multiple days is because rarely am I home for more than an hour or so before I have to take someone someplace or do something around the house or yard. Not complaining mind you just simply the way it is. If you`ve got kids that are active in sports then I`m sure you understand. So my excuse is a screaming wife and having to be at a beach party at 1:30 pm. Usually I get to fully detail my ride when my wife takes the kids to the shore for a week and I`m left home. Otherwise its what I can do before someone starts yelling for me .

Thomas and Boss.....yes, Red October is my rolling billboard. It is the reason I started my side biz. So many people at work saw it every day and asked me to do their cars. Thanks guys! As for the chicks.....well I doubt many of them them are into 39 y/o shaved head, overweight dudes. If so, then I`m in style!

RT...no offense taken bud. I understand just a light hearted ribbing. No problem. FWIW...the more I see the MOPARS the more I like em. Only thing I can`t get over is the Lil` Red Express I had years ago that wouldn`t start if it even looked like it was gonna rain. Had to keep a srewdriver in the glove box and hold open the carb flaps to start it. No problem for me but the wife might not appreciate that type of stuff with a car load of screaming kids . THe Silverados are nice trucks. Had my share of Chebys too. First car I paid for was a `67 Firebird. 326 v-8 with 2-speed powerglide tranny. Bought it for $50.00 sold it at the end of the first summer for $350.00 and thought I made a killing. If I only had that car now

Thanks again gang!

Natty
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT TRUCK!!!! Another reward of detailing a customers car is when you bring it back to them and they take one look at it and you see there eyes light up as they exclaim "That looks so nice, Thank You" Sometimes they even give you a tip or recommend you to one of there friends

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo

Don...you would be correct (sorry Boss ). You see the whole reason I have to split my truck up into multiple days is because rarely am I home for more than an hour or so before I have to take someone someplace or do something around the house or yard. Not complaining mind you just simply the way it is. If you`ve got kids that are active in sports then I`m sure you understand. So my excuse is a screaming wife and having to be at a beach party at 1:30 pm. Usually I get to fully detail my ride when my wife takes the kids to the shore for a week and I`m left home. Otherwise its what I can do before someone starts yelling for me .

Natty
    It does look great Natty. Trust me, I know all about having to do one part of the car at a time because of family responsibilities. Sometimes all I can do is the windows, or a quick vacuum or something. (I`m so fussy, a good wash can take almost 2 hours).
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Boss_429
    Natty,

BTW.................. really, really like the cap! However, you must dread polishing the truck now with that on there.............. what a beast............huh?

P.S. I still don`t believe that`s dirt on your wheel!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    P.S. I still don`t believe that`s dirt on your wheel!
    Maybe it`s dust on the camera lens, or a pixel foul-up on the internet
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information