Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up ssr2 and ex before and after pics

Well, I started at 10 am this morning and...my arms feel like jello!

I`ve applied 2 full coats of the ssr2 swirl remover to the whole car, as well as about 10-20 coats to the highly oxidized areas. I currently have the ex sitting on the car, but I`ve got to wait a half an hour and I`ll post the final pics of the car.

This first pic is obviously of my hood...before the ssr2. This was actually a lower oxidized area, and only required 2 coats to remove it almost completley.

Here it is with 1 coat off ssr2 applied to the obvious area.

Here is the door that was HEAVILY OXIDIZED (way, way, wayway worse than the hood)! It only had about 5 applications at this time, but you can see that it has been greatly improved.

Stay tuned...more pics coming within the hour.[IMG]
    1989 lx 5.0 Notch
    160,000+ miles
    Off-Road H pipe
    Edlebrock Performer Intake
    16* timing
    smog delete
    Flowmasters
    Nitto 275 40 17`s
    3.73`s
    Best 1/4: 13.663 @ 99.44 mph
    (1.883 60`)

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow .. what a difference. Save your arms bro and purchase the Porter Cable 7424 10-20 coats? Yikes, is there anything left in the bottle? lol Excellent job though buddy. I cant wait to see more now.
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like

Millhouse

I don`t know what time they`re turning my server off today, so I`ll just say it now.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helluva job (even if it isn`t done yet). Hope I get to see the finished pics!!

I used to date a girl at Mich. St, so I know what the weather does to your cars there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Cujo31
    Wow .. what a difference. Save your arms bro and purchase the Porter Cable 7424 10-20 coats? Yikes, is there anything left in the bottle? lol Excellent job though buddy. I cant wait to see more now.

Lol, I hear ya...but I`m still unemployed so I`m trying to do this the cheapest was as possible.

As for the quantity left, I`m actually amazed that I have so much. I could probably do 10 cars of the same caliber with the amount I`ve got left

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice "work in progress".

I do understand that this may be the only place to detail your car but you should never detail your car as it sits in a dirt driveway. There is so much fine, but very abrasive, dust that is kicked up that it`s far too likely you`ll introduce more scratches.

I am just overly anal also but I can`t help it, sorry.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Boss_429
    Looks great! I would also consider getting a PC if you`re thinking about taking on another project like that!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice job there Millhouse!! Looking forward to see the final pics.

Excellent point that Anthony made.

He doesn`t miss a thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, point taken...but this paint is in very poor condition and a few more scratches arent going to bother me much.

Heres the after pics though:

Dont mind the temp tag, as I finally got around to getting a custom plate

Here is the last pic. As you can see I did not apply the ssr2 or the ex to the area below the plastic trim. This is mainly because I need something major to remove this crap. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember ...he was planning on doing this by hand, due to low cash flow and lack of a good pc....

very nice improvement.....I think we also suggested that you not do it all in one day so your arms wouldn`t be limp and you would get a better overall finish with more strength at the end of the work.....

you can use the SSR2 with a terry cloth that you are prepared to throw away, on the lower panels....

I think you might need to go over some areas again only because you were probably a bit tired on some of the last panels you did.

overall....there is now a nice shine to a very abused paint job and without machines it will take a bit longer to reach the best it can possibly be...

great effort
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    If I remember ...he was planning on doing this by hand, due to low cash flow and lack of a good pc....

very nice improvement.....I think we also suggested that you not do it all in one day so your arms wouldn`t be limp and you would get a better overall finish with more strength at the end of the work.....

you can use the SSR2 with a terry cloth that you are prepared to throw away, on the lower panels....

I think you might need to go over some areas again only because you were probably a bit tired on some of the last panels you did.

overall....there is now a nice shine to a very abused paint job and without machines it will take a bit longer to reach the best it can possibly be...

great effort
    I agree, I will be doing it again in a few weeks...but for some reason I just couldnt resist cramming it all in one day

Anyways, I did the most worst parts of the car first and I also did the doors and side panels first. Pressing down isnt nearly as diffacult as pressing sideways.

I guess I could try it on the lower panels, but I have a feeling it`s not going to work. There is a buildup of some sort which can be seen in the picture above, and it almost seems that I`m going to need either something more abrasive, or a chemical that will ease the process of the removal of whatever the heck that crap is.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok here`s the easy way....take a damp towel with some laquer thinner on it and go over it lightly....then wash those panels thoroughly ...then Polish....

remember..no hard pressure and the towel must be damp/wet with water...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    ok here`s the easy way....take a damp towel with some laquer thinner on it and go over it lightly....then wash those panels thoroughly ...then Polish....

remember..no hard pressure and the towel must be damp/wet with water...
    Thats more like it, tyvm

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah . . . it is very nice lookin.

Me & millhouse hung out tonight at our local "cruz/gut", and his car looks great. Even with many things to still do.

The pictures show pretty good before & after qualities, but in person, it`s even more impressive. Personally knowing millhouse, I`ve seen him use many waxes and things in the past, but his was by far the best.

Why he didn`t pull into the street to do the wax. . . who knows. Millhouse has been known to do "short-bus-chit" like that in the past!
    [ 2001 Cobra ]

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by motorCITY
    Yeah . . . it is very nice lookin.

Me & millhouse hung out tonight at our local "cruz/gut", and his car looks great. Even with many things to still do.

The pictures show pretty good before & after qualities, but in person, it`s even more impressive. Personally knowing millhouse, I`ve seen him use many waxes and things in the past, but his was by far the best.

Why he didn`t pull into the street to do the wax. . . who knows. Millhouse has been known to do "short-bus-chit" like that in the past!

Keep it coming buddy...you know what`s going to happen the next time I line up against ya

Motorcity=OWNED!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest a more powerfull compound and PC use some DACP with a cutting pad then follow with a Polishing pad then apply #82 Swirl free polish then AIO by hand then apply EX as for some of the crap by the wheel use some Eimman Fabrik Hi-Intensity or Meguiars All Purpose cleaner plus that dwayne has. Thats a nice looking mustang when you get it all done.

The paint looks ok but the swirls and scratchs can be removed wiht a machine and the proper compounds.

Poorboy might also have something stronger for removeing swirls and oxidation.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information