Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: automagic

Post Thanks / Like
    Cant Beat MB by any standard the Older W140 to the present W220 Benz`s where awsome.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone used the #89 XP Express Wax? My local AM dealer that comes by our shop swares that it`s the best, and that everyone raves about it. It`s 22 bucks for the gallon size, I`m thinking about trying it out, but just checking to see if ya`ll have used it before.

J.D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey JD,
    I have used the express wax.
    I goes on and off realy easy and you can get it on the rubber moldings and it wont white them out. If your looking for something long lasting I dont think you want the express. I only ever tried a sample bottle but I wasnt impressed except for the fact that you can get it on the moldings and not mess them up. It makes the paint shine and it beads up but it doesnt last as long as a paste carnuba. I would ask the AM guy if you could have a sample to try. The guy I deal with always is willing to give me a sampel to try out. Hope this helps you out.
    Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    I bartered out some car ausdio work, and got a gallon for free, 25 minutes to swap out front speakers for a gallon of wax, couldn`t pass it up, I figure it will be good for quick jobs to get someone in and out quick that has a good shine already.

J.D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey JD,

That sounds like a good deal. I think you`ll be happy with the wax. It does good I`m just saying it doesnt last as long as thier EZ Paste but it will save you alot of time compared to using the EZ Paste. The great thing about the Express wax is you dont have to worry if you accidently hit the molding cause it wont turn em white.

Post Thanks / Like
    try the express i think you will like it i just got 2 gallons of it over here on my end, i also tried there wet wax in the gallon size

what polish or waxs have you used that you were real impressed with?

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the 79 Awesome Gloss sealant.
    Great Shine. Durability? I dunno... yet.

Tough to control amount applied. Too much, and it becomes *very* difficult to remove.

I`ve probably used it on 20 cars.

One came back after 2 days (constant rain) with `haze` on all panels. Actually looked as if I just done a poor job of removing residue, but there was sooo much, that it must have `appeared` over time. Some kind of a curing issue?

Second car came back with *ugly* trim stains. That classic white residue... No luck with alcohol, solvents... maybe peanut butter next!

Not happy. Not happy at all. Rep coms by Monday morning AM, I`ll try to rmember to followup...

BTW, I use their citrus wheel cleaner, XP compound, Super Dress it, and others with good success.

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jimmy

Sometimes when i use AMs EZ Paste or Awesome Gloss. I will spray a light mist of their Body Shine to spread the material out. For some reason it seemed to me like the Awesome Gloss needed a little time to set up. When you start to remove the product and it gives you trouble try misting it again with the Body Shine to help aid in removing it. Hope this helps you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    is xp citrus wheel cleaner safe for chrome and painted rims?
    awesome gloss i must say has a nice gloss to it

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Frankie,
    On AM`s site it says the XP Citrus Wheel cleaner is designed for chrome and clearcoated alloy wheels. If you didnt already buy the wheel cleaner I would go with the #48 MAGnificent. That is what I use. Its also a non-acid based wheel cleaner and I must say I was pretty impressed with the performance of it. I dilute it 50/50 with water and that works great for me. You could make it a little stronger if you needed too. The AM guy I go through told me that he likes the MAGnificent better. He told me that the only difference is the XP smells like citrus. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok great thanks for the tips

ill pick up some MAG nificent then, im looking for a good leather conditoner did anyone try auto magic`s lanolin conditioner or any other manufactures that they like

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information