rebmeM roinuJ
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you use for tires?

I`m looking for a product that won`t brown the tires, won`t dissolve the rubber, won`t corrode my wheels, and won`t sling off the tires onto the car. Any suggestions? How is that Meguiar`s Endurance stuff?
    If you would just listen to me, other people won`t think you are as stupid as you really are.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what I use for tires. What I can`t wait to hear is what you use for tires. LOL If you say Mrs. Butterworth syrup or something I`m going to die laughing. Go easy on me. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!

rebmeM roinuJ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve just been using whatever foaming tire stuff I could find. I`ve always liked the way the Armor All professional one with the black can and gold cap looked. It did everything I wanted and nothing I didn`t. It even lasted a long time. I was just looking for maybe something new and was hoping for some suggestions.

What do you use Mr. Fuzz? Mullet grease? :p
    If you would just listen to me, other people won`t think you are as stupid as you really are.

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had good luck with megs endurance. It`s redily available and is a pretty decendt product. There are probably some better products out there but i don`t konw of them either.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Stoners MSLT. No hassle, no mess.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Looking for 22% Discount TheCompleteLook's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

Hey Blind,
    Sounds like you might have some issues with application rather than product alone. You will get alot of advice on what people like to use, and I am sure you will find a great product, but in the mean time here are a few pointers.
    Wash the tires with your regular degreaser/cleaner, you could even just use Simple Green, and use a brush that is only used on your tires, don`t go and start using it on your hood or anything.
    Dry tires with crappy old rag, or shop towel.
    Spray on product, or as I prefer, apply with a sponge. Cover the whole tire well, don`t buff it yet.
    Let the product sit on the tires for as long as it takes to finish the other things on your car, then buff off excess product.
    Do these simple steps and you will avoid brown tires and slingoff.
    I would hate to see any tire product that would corrode wheels! YIKES!!!
    Rob
    www.thecompletelook.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 303 and follow the same method described by TheCompleteLook
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive found that just slapping on some Megs Endurance with a terry towel works well. I just do it towards the end of my work, and seems to always do the trick.

Besides, whats the worry in getting the towel dirty? A good wash, and the problem is completely 100% fixed.

wayne
    I use 303 as a "base" to keep the tires looking new, then sometimes treat with other products to get the "look" I am wanting at that time.
    Here is a link to some good info...

http://www.303products.com/techinfo/tires1.htm

Boss_429
    I still like to clean the tires really well, put a coat of Meguiar`s Endurance on, let it dry, wash off any excess, dry, and apply a coat of Zaino`s Z16.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a thought, if I were to clean the tires with an APC then wash, apply Megs HE, dry, wash, and then apply 4S Bazooka, would it work better? I am wondering about overkill here, but I can never get a really deep shine in the tires with Megs HE.

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally think the Meguiars Engurance is a failure for that company. I have seen it brown tires and not last long at all imo.

If you like the foaming armor all then keep it up! When I detail a car I have a serious supply of regular Armor-All that I got from a company that was going out of business here in my town. I have enough armor all to float a battle ship! lol I have been using it on avaerage details that the customer isnt too picky just because i have so much of the stuff.

On really fine rides I prefer a water based dressing that I can water down to give it a more satin sheen instead of the slick high gloss look. Anthony Orosco suggested to me TOL`s water based dressing and I think I will try it next. If he likes it it cant be bad!

Good luck,
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing that I think wasn`t addressed was the type of shine you are going for, either glossy or satin. I always ask my clients what they prefer. For satin I like Vinylex, gives a nice clean matte finish, sprayed on and then wiped with a terry, sometimes I do it twice. For gloss I like Eiman Fabrik Black Saphire Gel and Endurance is a good local product, apply with EO tire wipes, I apply twice and then wipe down really good with a terry towel. By the way I keep the tire wipes in a baggy to keep it away from everything else, same with the terry towel, but I don`t wash it just throw it away after about 10 or so uses.

Post Thanks / Like

white walls?

What do you guys use for white walls? Before I found this forum, I used a product called Beechers. This helped turn the wheels brown (although it did a good job making those letters white). What do the pro`s recommend?

Thanks!

Joe

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use a product called Bold N Bright....it is water based and is also a cleaner...cleans the whitewall and rwl and leaves a clean look to everything....it`s also a concentrate so it can be diluted...perfect for wheelwells...and dries to the touch if you follow the great explanation by TheCompleteLook...on how to clean and prep...except one step.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Thread Information