ShineTyme Detailing
    Post Thanks / Like

Detailing a bike

Ok, theres a guy who wants me to detail his yukon and his bike, ive never done a bike before and i was wondering if there is anything special i need to know before i go at it , i was going to treat the painted surfaces just like a car, polish the chrome, and then wax it. Will this work at ok? thanks for the advice also, what does the average price run? i told him $80?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did a 99 Yamaha Venture yesterday, charged the guy $100. I`ll post pics and steps I did as soon I can get them downsized and cropped.

Gary
    Some people call it a 6 pack, I call it a support group.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a contract with a local bike dealer and detail about 4 a week. There is much you need to know before you do your first bike. With that in mind here are some websites that will help you out because it would take me too long to explain the proper steps. One thing I will say is that make sure you presurewash the bike first to help get the grease off first and dont forget ps under it too...cuz if you just use a hose when you are done with the wash you wont be able to get into tight spots where the grime is. When we detail bikes at the shop they let us use the lift which is a great help and we air to blow out any excess water. A good APC to use on bikes that wont damage anything ie......chrome, paint, wire harness etc.... is S100 you will read about what to do at these sites.....also if it has a windshield DONT use window cleaner you will damage the shield they are plexiglass and you need to do a two step process. 1. clean 2. polish. I use Meguiars it is about $9 for each bottle and you need both. A good bike detail should take one person about 3 to 4 hours if you have a few under your belt...if not allow yourself some more time. And dont forget the Q`tips (LOL-really). You should charge between $100 to $200 depending how big the bike is, how much chrome, if it has a windshield, if it has saddle bags that you have to remove and clean and treat, and MOST IMPORTANT if it has SPOKE RIMS!!!!!!!!! which after your done polishing you just want to set the bike on fire LOL. GOOD LUCK

http://hawg-wash.com/
    http://sportbikes.com/
    :flamedMAKING AZ SHINE :flamed

Thread Information