Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoking...

Post Thanks / Like

Smoking...

i just wanted to bring this up, bcause i saw some kids on my street smoking today.... these kids are like 2-3 years younger than me (maybe about 9th grade), and i see them smoking cigarettes. it was so stupid, because first of all, they do it out in public. basically, my mom, dad, aunty, and me were outside talking to another neighbor about her new baby. she has the baby rite there, and my mom and dad and aunty are all looking at the baby and listening, and im watching these kids play basketball in the back of them (we have a rim on our street). anyways, one of the kids goes, "give me one of those bad boys". then he says "christian, you got a lighter"? at first, i thought they were gonna play some left-overs from July 4th, then i see them go off IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET, smoking. it was so stupid, because they were doing it rite in the middle of the street, rite where my mom and dad and aunty and neighbor could see. rite then and there i walked into the house, because i know it wanst gonna end well.......

UPDATE: its been about 20 minutes since i saw them smoking, and my parents are still outside talking. the first thing i see is a kid lighting another cigarette, 20 FEET FROM MY PARENTS. either my parents are blind, or theyre trying to ignore it. stupid dumbasses...now my parents just came in, and say nothing about it....

anyways, did any of you smoke in your high school years? i never have, and never will............ stupid kids..........
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Post Thanks / Like
    I started smoking in high school at the age of 16 and smoked cigarettes for about 8 years. I also smoked marijuana for about six years.
    I have been totally smoke free for almost 7 years and I feel great.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I couldn`t afford to start. Too much money spent on waxes!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    hey Zesty, I know whatca mean. I`m also in highschool and everyone knows who smokes, parties and what not, even the cops know and they don`t do a thing about it unless it gets out of hand. And yeah, its really annoying because I would love to see them get busted but that will never happen.

As for me smoking...thats never going to happen. I`m one of those crazy runners who is running 306 miles in 9 weeks

Post Thanks / Like
    Zesty,
    I started smoking when I was 14. Probably the worst thing I have ever done. I am now 30 and still smoking. I have quit a couple of times but have never been able to make it stick. Usually end up on blaming it on something, stress at work, etc. Best advice I can give is to not start smoking. As morbid as it sounds, there are plenty of other ways to die without doing it voluntarily by smoking. One of these days, I will be quitting for good.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Smoking has to be the most addictive thing I ever experienced.
    Quitting was without a doubt the toughest personal challenge I ever faced.
    As has been said, the answer is to not start. Unfortunately, there doesn`t seem to be any easy way to quit.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    whew..... both my mom and dad used to smoke, but after a while, they just got tired of it, and both of them quit, along with the rest of my family. very weird... they said it wasnt really that hard, all you had to do was grab a beer.....

and yea, i do think these kids are about the age of 14, if not younger.......... and the sad part is, nothing can really be done about them smoking. i hate that image of how smoking makes you look cool. thats what those kids are trying to potray, but it doesnt seem to be working on me... maybe i should go have a talk with them, and bust a cap up thier ***.

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by zesty-man
    they said it wasnt really that hard, all you had to do was grab a beer.....
    It was really tough for me, and when drinking was one of the worst times. I guess whatever works.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    hehe, another reason was, my mom got preganant. she said "if someone told me that i would die in 10 years because of smoking, i wouldnt care" however, she was pregnant and had to stop. i think my dad just flat of quit before my mom even got pregnant, because he always tells me that he sent my mom outsdie to smoke. smoking wanst allowed inside the house anymore.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, since we are now talking about why we quit......
    I read in an article that smoking was bad for your sex drive. I had been thinking about quitting and that was just the incentive I needed to get with the program.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, thats always a problem...

Post Thanks / Like
    Smoke? Hell, i don`t even drink! Never have, never will.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just don`t understand why anyone would smoke. My boss hired this new guy to help out this summer. He is 18 and smokes probably a pack and half a day. The guy is out of breath after 5 minutes of working the steam wand (we clean carpet). He is totaly useless and I end up doing all of the wanding while he just pulls the hoses or monitors the machine, etc. He is a nice guy and all but you would think he would maybe see that smoking is screwing his health and inteferring with his ability to perform his job. It really makes me mad sometimes.

Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been smoking for about 7yrs now ....and have quit a few times... once for a little under 2 years! With that said!

Both of my parnets had smoked all while I was growing up. My fater quit about 8 years ago but mom still smokes. All while I was growing up I swore up and down that I would never smoke! Made it through high school never having one! When I started college thats when I started...(so stand your ground!)

I don`t smoke "That Much" approx 3-6 per day. But any amount is not good! I do work out daily (jog about 1.5 miles per day) and lift weights. I finaly started loosing the weight I have been trying to get off...and am almost down to what I was while I was a Freshman in High School! I think once I get to my goal weight I am going to quit cold turkey! And try and never look back!

I know there are many smokers out there but in my eyes the best thing they could proably do is deem them illigal! If you can`t buy them you can`t smoke them! (thats just my opinion though!)

Once again .... hold Your ground!!! Plus they are getting way too expensive ... they are up to 5.6x a pack here in Jersey! and NY is even worse! I have resorted to ordering them Online and get them for 2.10 per pack! (they come from kentucky)

Post Thanks / Like
    started smoking when i was in 8th grade.
    (it was cool and accepted back then).
    Now I look back wish i hadn`t started...
    I wonder how much money I spent in close to 30 years??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information