Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Boss_429
    Poorboy,

Actually, I like the fact that I will be able to put a couple of coats of your EX on in a day, and see an improvement in looks (to a point.... I know), and if the byproduct is a little better durability........ then so much the better.

And no, I don`t wash my truck "everyday" in the rain.......... it justs rains everday!

Anyhow, for people who want to purchase your stuff, this is all good stuff for them to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday, after I saw some marring on the hood (High-pressure sodium vapor parking garage lighting) I put a layer of S100 on about a quarter of the hood.

In the "dry," I could absolutely not see any difference in the gloss or depth. Today, we had a torrential downpour. Again, there was absolutely zero difference in beading. The application of S100 on top of EX was a waste of time and material.

Boss_429
    That`s quite a compliment to the looks of EX............. don`t ya think?

Canceled his member by request
    Post Thanks / Like
    EX is an excellent stand alone product. I have topped EX with Souveran and P21S. Not significant difference but I did cure my carnuaba "jones".
    This fact that EX being great alone has allowed me to only use EX during the hot spring / summer months ( Very hot here in South) and not experience the carnuaba-alone melt hazy that I normal get after car sits in sun all day at work. This micro-liquidification allows dust and dirt to stick to finish. EX seems to be less prone to this even with its carnauba content.
    Love shiney swirl-free appearing black cars!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m back. The last week or so has been crazy busy at work and at home. Thats what I get for taking a few days vacation! Also, I did manage to get out for a few hours of fly-fishing over the weekend. Weather was crappy so detailing wasn`t an option so on went the raingear and to the streams I went.

Seems like all the info needed has already been given. I`ll just stress that with the Pro Polish continue to work until it is almost gone. Stopping while the product is still workable will take more effort to buff off and not fully utilize the micro-abrasives.

As for layering EX....done it but like most others here never really gone long enough to gauge if it makes a difference in durability. It does definetly make a difference from one-2-3 coats looks wise. At least from my eye. If the weather ever improves I`m doing the UPP/EX combo.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    So, what kind of duarbility are we talking here? Regular carnuba only lasts a couple of months in the summer time. What about the EX with the carnuba in it? Wouldn`t the carnuba burn off? If UPP cannot bond well with other products, then what is EX exactly? A polymer sealant or wax or what? Just doing my research...
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    EX is a polymer resin with a bit of carnauba added to deepen the gloss. Some folks feel pure synthetic sealants give a plasticy, sterile, purely reflective gloss. Steve (Poorboy) has added a bit of carnauba to the mix and the result is a warmer look.

The top coat of carnauba will definetely wear off as would any carnauba wax but the underlying polymer will still be there. To replenish the top carnauba coat Steve made the QD+ which still amazes me when I use it.

UPP is another polymer sealant that, IMO, definetely has some of the classic carnauba warmth to it. I`ve seen UPP side by side with Kasse SG on my wife`s car and I much prefer the look of UPP (and EX for that matter) to that of Klasse. No doubt Klasse SG is a great, long lasting product that shines like the Dickens but it`s a different shine more similiar to that of Zaino.

Hope this helps.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, NattyB!
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information