Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 04-15-2011

Default Mothers California Gold Car wash and the paste wax questions

I was wondering about storing either one and I just bought some California car wash yesterday and was wondering if it is ok to leave it in my car because it got to 20 degrees last night and was wondering will it ruin it if it freezes? I am also wondering is it ok to store the wax cloth in the can with the california gold car wax? I am also wondering if it is ok to wash my car then wax it with the paste wax and then wax over the top of it with liquid wax after every wash so I can make the wax last longer? Thanks alot and Might have more questions coming but just can't think of them right now?
Old 04-15-2011
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Mothers California Gold Car wash and the paste wax questions

Welcome to the Wax Forum.

Car Wash may freeze when exposed to low temperatures, but it will thaw. Just shake it well before using. If you have the opportunity, you're better off to take it into a warmer area than letting it freeze, though.

Waxing with paste wax, and then liquid wax seems to be a duplication of effort. If you want the paste to last longer, consider using a Spray Wax instead - it makes minutes to apply, and will act as a booster to the paste wax, lengthening its life.

I would not store a damp applicator - cloth or foam - inside a can of paste wax. Chances are you'll either find mold growing on it, or it will harden and possibly scratch the surface when next used.
Old 04-15-2011

Default Re: Mothers California Gold Car wash and the paste wax questions

thank you very much and that it was pretty much what I thought and I greatly appreciate the help and it just reassured me on what I thought too. Thank You very much.
Closed Thread