Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Professional

Professional Discussion of Mothers® Professional line for use in paint finishing by trained body shop professionals. General product answers only will be given here -- you should already be trained in standard professional finishing techniques or consult your distributor.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 03-11-2009

Default Abrasive technology in the professional line

Hi. admin / Forrest T. / Neisan M. / Robert M.,

Recently, I've been seeing a number of threads in other forums talking about the non-diminishing abrasive technologies of some newly released polishes/compounds of other brands.

I got curious. Does Mother's also use a form of non-diminishing abrasive technology in its Professional Line?

Thanks.

Last edited by jonjon_u; 03-11-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-12-2009
Administrator

Default Re: Abrasive technology in the professional line

Hello jonjon,

We are unable to disclose information regarding our formulations. We do, however, encourage you to try the product with the confidence of our satisfaction guarantee and the quality of our Mothers brand. I am confident that you will be pleased and observe that our Professional line of products are of the highest quality.
Old 07-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neisan M. View Post
Hello jonjon,

We are unable to disclose information regarding our formulations. We do, however, encourage you to try the product with the confidence of our satisfaction guarantee and the quality of our Mothers brand. I am confident that you will be pleased and observe that our Professional line of products are of the highest quality.
I find this hard to believe that Mothers cannot even mention if they have dimishing abrasives. A lot of other companies, I know I do not have to mention names, speak openly about what properties their products have. I thought this was a question regarding the property of a product and not a formulation. I could be mistaken.
Old 07-16-2009
Chemist, Mothers® Polish

The term "diminishing abrasives" is to me, a marketing term and perhaps good Internet fodder but not a truly practical subject for discussion. All abrasives diminish in use. Some compounds may diminish more slowly than another do to its composition, size and hardness. It is a formulator’s job to choose the appropriate compound to accomplish a specific task. If a compound is to large, or hard it will scratch rather than polish. It is too soft or small; it will be ineffective to its task. So to answer the question, we do use diminishing abrasives, as does the rest of the industry. This is really a non issue that appears to have developed internet legs. I would use "non diminishing abrasives" and "pixie dust" in the same sentence.

Craig Burnett
Chemist
Closed Thread