Post Thanks / Like

This is a Hooptie/Plus more questions!?

Just to clarify.. this is a hooptie. It is normally a safe car to drive, normally you put your wife and children in one in orber to save the good car from the ravages of the aforementioned! Eventually however the wife and children mature enough and you are forced to spend the money on a good car for them ( dont tell my wife I said that or I will huint you down ) Anyway I digress thre is a before and after shot of the hood. Now that I have actually done the work and used everything I have a few ??. Let me tell everyone what I did first.
    Wash
    Clay
    3m SMR w/red cutting pad
    UPP-paint cleaner w/yellow polishing pad
    UPP w/tan finishing pad
    PS21- by hand

The only product that hazed was the SMR, the others never really did, I worked all products for some time but they would never really polish out so I had to use a towel to finish I also used the white pad that came with the PC to final remove/polish the products. I used speeds between 3-5 and various amounts of product. I really was not sure on the correct speed or amount of product to use. also how long and with how much pressure should I work each product? While the end product came out a lot better than when I started. I have to admit I was not that impressed, The car has a billion scratches, water marks swirls, etc and I think I removed or hid about 100 of them so it is better but I really thought it would do better than it did, am I expecting WAY to much considering the shape the paint is in (very very crappy) or is something so far gone better left to a rotory vs. a orbital? I have a rotory I could try and am not afraid to use it....on the wifes car! I understand that the paint on my Bimmer is in 110% better condition than the hoopties but I am looking for that super deep/shining thing ya know? So what should I try on the next panel on the wifes car so I will improve the results??
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Before/After
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information