Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been lurking here for quite a long time, reading, reading, reading, so it`s time to contribute what little I can. Great site!!!

Mark

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Autopia postings :up

Contributions and views are always great

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you finally decided to come out of the closet! :lol

Since you`ve been on Autopia for a while, a lot of this may be self-evident to you, but let me offer these tips on using and learning from Autopia:

To get started, I’d recommend that you read the Autopia Guide to Detailing – it only costs $9.95, and that money helps to support Autopia … so it’s a good cause. :up You can also find lots of good, basic info for free by reading David`s articles at the "Learn" icon at the top of the page.

And reading the House Rules (upper left of the home page) will tell you a bit about our operating procedures here at Autopia. We`re a little different from some of the more free-wheeling forums. (Thank goodness!) We put a premium on civility as well as critical analysis.

Also on the home page you’ll find a link to all the acronyms (AIO, CWB, PC, PUPP, etc.) that get bandied-about regularly. In my early days on Autopia, I kept that page open all the time like it was my "secret decoder ring." :lol

Then, what some new folks do is read thru the previous posts in the Autopia Univ forum; in addition to teaching you lots of the basics, that will give you a sense of which questions have already been asked and answered a gazillion times.

Also, a lot of folks take a while to discover our Reviews section, where we`ve posted lots of our own evaluations of products; it`s at http://www.autopia.org/review/index.php, if you`re interested.

And if/when you get ready to place orders, be sure to check on all the discounts Autopians get. Lots of those get posted in the Good Deals forum.

By the way, be aware that we ask newcomers (no matter how experienced they may be!) to post all their questions in the Autopia Univ forum until they get 30 posts. This is just a way to be sure that we give focused attention to newcomers’ posts.

You`ll find that Autopians are really happy to share their info and experiences. Read, learn, be sure to ask us for more info. :up

Pull up a chair, and enjoy! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the second stage of autopianitis
    " A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life."- Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    Jump in the water is fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welocme
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by eggroll

Welcome to the second stage of autopianitis

Thanks everyone. I already know what the third stage is . . . . . whip out the VISA card!! :xyxthumbs

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~One man’s opinion / observations ~

Welcome to Autopia, more good news the e-detailing guide by DavidB is now free(what a deal)

~Hope this helps~

Experience unshared; is knowledge wasted…/ Jon

justadumbarchitect * so I question everything *
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Thread Information