Post Thanks / Like

Newbie here with a couple ?`s

Wow , what an informative site . I believe I have entered Detail Heaven ! Any way I have a couple of questions . I have a 2000 Black Chev Tahoe and I was hoping to get some advice for detailing a black vehicle for the deepest and wet look . Here are my ideas so far .

Wash (dawn to strip old wax)
    Clay with a QD
    Swirls (4 year old vehicle) ? Megs DACP ?
    Polish ?
    Finishing Polish ?
    Wax/Sealant (thinking NXT ?)
    Also any pad recommendations would be helpful .

So you can see I have a few questions that need some answering . By the way I have just bought a PC 7424 .

Post Thanks / Like
    I would pass on the Dawn wash. Use a good quality Auto Shampoo instead. There are a number of good clays to choose from Mother`s California Gold and ClayMagic are both clays that have worked well for me. Meguiar`s newly updated clay product has also gotten some positive reviews. If you use the right product to remove swirls and you have mentioned a good one (DACP), you most likely will not need the finishing polish. I would suspect that DACP isn`t too aggresive for a 4 year old driver. If you should use a "finishing polish" Klasse AIO works well. NXT is a good finishing product, it`s a polymer based product and has some cleaning properties of it`s own. Some have indicated that it may actually strip your "finishing polish" so as I stated you may or may not need the 2nd polish. You might consider #26 as a carnauba alternative to NXT. I mentioned #26 as it looks like you have access to Meguiar`s line and this just gives you the option of polymer or carnauba. There are tons of last step products (for that matter products all along the way) that are very good. It all comes down to personal taste. Try a couple you`ll soon come to know what you prefer. Get a good spray detailer as a follow up. Poorboys and Meguiar`s Final Detail are both excellent products. Most of the products you see discussed on this board can give you excellent results. Take your time with the wash, clay and polish, if the paint is prepped properly chances are you`ll be happy with whatever you finish up with. Good luck.
    Last edited by GearHead_1; 04-10-2004 at 07:56 PM.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sage advice from Gearhead. Consider using Megs Swirl Free Polish after DACP.

Thread Information