Post Thanks / Like

Mercedes seat stains probs.

Over the last few weeks my company has seen three Mercedes with cream coloured interiors, which have dark stains with a blue ring around them.
    Any and all attempts to remove the stains only seem to make the problem worse, leaving water marks all over the place and adding to the blue colouration.

It almost seems as if the blue colour is being drawn up from inside the seat, leading us to believe there is a fault with the cars. Maybe Mercedes have used a sponge stuffing which contains a dye which is not colourfast? Steam cleaning and shampoo just adds to the problem, while dry-cleaning chemicals don`t seem to have any effect or remove the origional stains with much success.

Has anybody else come across this problem or better still, found a cure?

Regards
    Danny in England

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve run into this before with Mercedes. Some Mercedes use a blue colored foam cushion under the uphostery fabric that bleeds its dye if you use a degreasing agent with a solvent in your shampoo. All shampoo`s have a degreaser some have solvents as well. Good news is that it shouldn`t be that hard to correct. Remove the seat covers and shampoo them directly. It`s really not that hard. Remove the plastic panels on the seat to access the plastic clips on the side. Front clips are easy to see and remove. The clips on the inside by the middle counsel maybe difficult. If so, you`ll have enough of the cover up to place something under the cover to complete extraction. Hope this helps!
    I`ve been busy but I`ll try to make some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot...
    We will probably just avoid doing this kind of upholstery in the future, and now we can tell our clients why.

Thread Information