Thread: Im a Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Im a Pro

Hello everyone. I am new to this board and have been reading posts here for a few weeks now. I like a few others, I see, thought I was a pro at detailing until I found this place. I`ve learned tons in the last few weeks and decided to get back to detailing since its been a while for me (u guys gave me the bug again). Today I bought a cheap rotary and got a free sample of a product called pro and went to town on the least favorite of my cars, luckily. I didn`t read the instructions for the rotary and left out the extension that it came with. This left the metal sticking out of the pad just enough to scratch up my hood and a fender before I noticed. Glad it was my hoopty anyway, I was wondering if anyone uses or has any experience with pro products, and if so can you give me the run down on which Pro products are worth trying. Most detailers in my area use Pro products and are very satisfied with it. I am interested in how they rank. Also, I don`t seem to remember having so much trouble with wax flying all over the place when I used to detail years ago. Any ideas on what I`m doing wrong? Thanks for the education, and thank in advance for any replies. D

wayne
    I have used Pro(name brand)products and still use a few. I REALLY like the pro #1 polish(the pink stuff). It has no real durability for protection but works good for prepping.
    If you are splattering, try laying a line of product on the finish and using a 10 o`clock angle with the buffer..., no "splatts".

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey CHevyD...welcome to DC. I`ve used Pro`s Duz-All clear coat cleaner a few times but that is it. Duz-All does a very good job at moderate swirls, scratches and overall paint cleaning but it leaves a very noticeable haze...especially on darker colors. I found Megs DACP to be as good if not better than Duz-All and no haze.

I know a guy who uses a ton of Pros products and he has stopped using Duz-All as well. Still, he uses a lot of other Pro stuff.

As for slinging.....try using the pad to smear the product around the area you are working on prior to starting the rotary. That works best for me.

That stinks re: the metal thingie scratching the paint .

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Thread Information