Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 04-28-2004

Default spider web after wax!

why i am having spider web after wax, am i waxing bad my car or what? the steps that i used are:

Wash
clay
polish
glaze and sealer
wax

3 hours of job and still i could see the spider webs with the sun light, is there a way to dont have any spider web? do i need a machine? if someone know how to clean and polish the spider webs let me know... thxs and later...

oh and my car is color black it is a civic Si, actually i dont like but i like to get all in order, and very clean shiny so i want to look at m car like a mirror!!

Last edited by Core; 04-28-2004 at 09:45 PM.
Old 04-29-2004
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: spider web after wax!

The spiderwebbing could be from either your technique or towels used (what kind, BTW?). It can be either in the wax itself (easily repairable with an instant detailer) or the paint (ever been through a drive through car wash?).

To REMOVE the spiderwebbing, try using our Scratch Remover on a foam bonnet and an inexpensive random orbital buffer. Make an "x" with the product from edge to edge on the foam bonnet, and work a 2 x 2 area slowly, with no additional pressure other than the weight of the machine. Work the area slowly with back and forth motions until the product disappears.

Wipe any remaining dust residue with a microfiber towel and check to see your progress. If necessary, repeat.

After you're satisfied with the results, apply the Sealer and Glaze, and then wax. I'd suggest you apply both products with closed cell foam applicators (those little round ones) in thin coats, and remove with microfiber towels.

That program should take care of the spiderwebbing.
Old 04-29-2004

Forrest

When i apply the sealer and glaze and then wax with the cell foams(round ones) do i have to left the glaze and sealer a little bit on the paint and then remove with microfiber towel? cuz what i did is for example i made first an a half of the hood then the other half and then i cleaned with the microfiber towel, then the top the same first half and then the other half, but i left the glaze and sealer and wax a little bit like 5 mins or 8. Do you think the way i apply them is what is causing the spider webbing?

Or how i can apply in a good way these products...Thxs for the help
Old 04-29-2004
Mothers® Polish

One downside to leaving product on too long (particularly if it's a warm day) is it can be tough to remove. And, if you applied the product too thick, it can be even tougher to take off. This can lead to the marring of the surface.

What I prefer to do is apply to 1/4 of the panel at a time (1/4 the hood, for example) and then immediately wipe it off, as soon as I get it applied. This way, it's only on the paint a few minutes.

Was the paint warm to the touch? Were you doing it in shade?

Try working a smaller area at a time, and applying thin coats (you should see a haze, not the paint turning white from the product). It should wipe off easily. Was it tough to remove?
Old 04-29-2004

Yeah it was warm and now in CA is getting hotter, but i detailed the car on shade, im gonna do what you say, i dotn want those spider web on my car, well thxs last question i apply this in circular motion? or like back to front as the air flow over the car?
Old 04-29-2004
Mothers® Polish

To insure good coverage, you should use a circular motion with overlapping motions.
Closed Thread