Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 05-03-2008

Default Reflection Premuim Polish?

I love this stuff, but can no longer find it. Is it still available at all?

If not, what is the next best thing Mothers has to it?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2008

Default Re: Reflection Premuim Polish?

Reflections Car Wax. I think the difference is that Reflections Car Wax has lighter cleaners than Reflections Premium Polish.

Regards,

Grabby

I wish I could just detail everyday.

Old 05-03-2008

Thanks Grabby

I just need to get my hands on some of the old Reflections Polish.

Anyone know where I can get some of it? I only have a few ounces left.
Old 05-03-2008

I would love to help you out in that department but unfortunately, I live on the side of the planet.

I suggest you try Reflections Car Wax as they've discontinued the production of Reflections Premium Polish and replaced it with that.

Regards,

Grabby

I wish I could just detail everyday.

Old 05-03-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Dak View Post
Thanks Grabby

I just need to get my hands on some of the old Reflections Polish.

Anyone know where I can get some of it? I only have a few ounces left.
Welcome to Wax Forum!

We think you'll be quite happy with the Reflections Car Wax -- it's very similar to the Reflections Premium Polish formula you have been enjoying for so many years. We'd also recommend you follow it with our Reflections Top Coat or even a pure carnauba for more depth and protection.

If you can't find Reflections Car Wax, give FX SynWax a try -- its synthetic formula goes on easy and comes off easy and is a pleasure to use much like what you've been using.

Lots of excellent choices -- don't be afraid to try something new.
Old 05-03-2008

Grabby, thank you again!

I see that you are a few miles away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Welcome to Wax Forum!

We think you'll be quite happy with the Reflections Car Wax -- it's very similar to the Reflections Premium Polish formula you have been enjoying for so many years. We'd also recommend you follow it with our Reflections Top Coat or even a pure carnauba for more depth and protection.

If you can't find Reflections Car Wax, give FX SynWax a try -- its synthetic formula goes on easy and comes off easy and is a pleasure to use much like what you've been using.

Lots of excellent choices -- don't be afraid to try something new.
Thank you for the Welcome!

I have used the FX SynWax and it does the trick. My "thing" about the Reflections Polish is that when I get stressed out with life (about once a month, lol) I go out to the garage and would go over my truck with the Polish. Over and over again. Some larger parts by buffer, smaller tighter areas by hand. Great therapy if you will.

My Black truck would look like a dark mirror that would reflect the newspaper as far away as I could hold it and read it backwards. I just can't seem to find that "magic" combo again without the Reflections Polish. No matter what I try.

Mind you, I have just about every product Mothers makes for paint except the new Power Products. Maybe this is the route I need to go? Will I be able to get "my therapy" using it by hand, or only with a buffer?

Thanks all for the help, and please keep it coming. I need my therapy back!!!!
Old 06-15-2008

Oh so close to getting some of the Reflections Polish.

Every place that has it listed in stock, I call to hear, sorry all gone.

Had my eye on some on Ebay, bidding ended before I could get someone to buy it for me. I have no account for Ebay.

So my search continues.
Old 06-15-2008

Is there a Pep Boys near you? They carry it. Advance Auto can order it for you or there are several internet sellers (waxstation.com and detailersdream.com) that offer quick shipping (if order before noon usually goes out the same day) plus there is Mothers online store. Also, consider amazon.com as well since some have free shipping deals if you order over $25.
Old 06-15-2008

Thanks for those links

Unfortunately the old style has been discontinued and it is out of stock in the places as well.

I search all the time for it, and maybe someday I will find it. Then again, I may die trying.
Old 06-15-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Dak View Post
Thanks for those links

Unfortunately the old style has been discontinued and it is out of stock in the places as well.

I search all the time for it, and maybe someday I will find it. Then again, I may die trying.
Pick up some FX SynWax -- if you don't love it, return it with proof of purchase for a refund.
Old 06-15-2008

05Dak
I couldn't help noticing the mention of EBay. Why I say that is that if you were considering going in that direction, then just do the shopping online directly with the Mothers online store. They'll get it to you in the same manner that the sale on EBay would, and you can be absolutely certain you have the most recent version of the products especially with respect to the Spray Wax.

The online store site is embedded in the blue Menu at left of screen here in the 'products' tab, and when that next screen comes up, look at the last line on that menu there.

Also, if you just cannot obtain it locally, the online store not only has every product, but they do kits also, and the kits also offer the Foose Bag at half price as an extra, and it's a great item to keep all your stuff in one place.
The beauty of the kits offered at the online shop is that they come with those great polishing cloths. This Reflections Deluxe Kit has the added extra of the wool wash mitt and the drying towel. I can understand it's probably a big outlay, but the accessories will last a long time, and the products are all of use.
Either get the whole kit or just go the way of individual products.
Or just shop locally and get the FX Synwax as our friend at Admin suggests.

Tony.

"Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were."------Neil Young.
Old 06-16-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyfromOz View Post
05Dak
I couldn't help noticing the mention of EBay. Why I say that is that if you were considering going in that direction, then just do the shopping online directly with the Mothers online store. They'll get it to you in the same manner that the sale on EBay would, and you can be absolutely certain you have the most recent version of the products especially with respect to the Spray Wax.
Tony.
I think the problem isn't getting a Reflections product per se so much as it is getting the old version Reflections Polish (not Reflections Wax/Top Coat). The old Polish wouldn't be available via Mothers' online store.
Old 06-16-2008
Mothers® Polish

Keep in mind any of the old (part number 01116) is now 4 years old.

The new product is superior, and fresh versus 4 years old, and stored in an unknown manner.

I think you'd be better off moving forward to the new 10116.
Old 06-19-2008
Mothers® Polish

If you really want the old formula, age and all, there's a case of it on eBay this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTHE...m130232176298&
Old 06-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest T. View Post
If you really want the old formula, age and all, there's a case of it on eBay this morning:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTHE...m130232176298&
Hmm... Looks like they took the write-up from Top Coat instead of from the actual product. Oh well, Good Luck bidding, if you do 05Dak!
Old 06-19-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama's Boy View Post
Hmm... Looks like they took the write-up from Top Coat instead of from the actual product. Oh well, Good Luck bidding, if you do 05Dak!
Yes, I noticed that also, but at least the product is identified correctly.
Old 06-19-2008

Thanks all

I tried to get a case from him last listing, but he never did reply to my email.

This time I will call if I have too.

Also, I am not worried about its age, Mothers is always good!
Old 06-19-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Dak
Also, I am not worried about its age, Mothers is always good!
I can understand just why, in this day and age especially, the Mothers people themselves might be reluctant to categorically come out and say that those older products are still okay, and then to carefully advise caution when using older products, and not for the reasons you may think of persuading you to buy more product, but because conditions can vary from place to place, like using some products in the freezing areas of the US North East, as opposed to the searing Summer heat of Northern Australia, so because conditions vary so markedly, then caution would seem the obvious direction.

So, when I say something, I'm talking from my personal experience.
Here in Australia, my impression would be that the importer would buy bulk amounts of the product, probably for economic reasons, large amounts, container loads, which would then go on a ship for transport to Australia. The products would then sit in the importers stock holding area for distribution as required to the far flung parts of Australia, keeping in mind Australia is roughly the same size in area as mainland US.
Some older stores would keep that stock until it was exhausted, as is quite often the case.
I know where I can still obtain stock discontinued in the US, some probably up to 4 years ago.
I have four products that have been discontinued, and all are still as viable as I might imagew that they would have been when new.
Why I even bring it up at all is that one of those products is Hotwheels Premium Wax, the original forerunner to what is now Reflections. In a way, I would suppose that the consistently warm to hot environment of where I live would be preferable to a cold area where the product might be subject to freezing and then reliquifying which might have some effect upon the product's consistency.
So I agree wholeheartedly that, yes, Mothers is always good.
A simple check prior to use would confirm one way or the other, and each one of the 'red bottles' has the precautionary wording, 'Shake well before and during use'.

Incidentally, that process of shipping the product here to Australia is what makes the products that much more expensive than they are in the US, even considering the difference in the exchange rate of the dollar. So even though the Mothers products may be more expensive by what you might perceive to be as a considerable amount, the pricing is still comparable with all other car care products, because, in the main, all the products have to be imported, no matter who the manufacturer is, and comparable Australian products are priced competitively with the range from all other points of the Globe. Also let me say, that there is very little in the way of Australian manufactured products.
The point here is that if a group of Australians were to be asked to name Australian manufacturers of car care products, the stock answer would be Armorall and Turtle Wax, both of origin in the US. Some might say Poly brand products, and some might even say Kitten products, both technically correct even though the overarching Company might be an International one. Very few would know of one Australian manufacturer who does make good car car products, that of 'Bowden's Own'.
One gentleman even politely castigated me for using 'American' products when I should be using 'dinki di' Aussie stuff like Armorall, and let me tell you, that gave me cause to smile.
So, even though the prices might 'seem' steep here in Australia, that price is really just relative, when spread out over the life of the product and the completed work when compared to the price some people willingly fork out to have their cars detailed once or twice a year, much more than what I may have outlayed for the products in the first place, safe in the knowledge that my car always looks that good.

Tony.

"Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were."------Neil Young.

Last edited by TonyfromOz; 06-19-2008 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Added paragraph referring to Australian products.
Old 06-27-2008

I am a very happy camper right now. I have a case of the Reflections Polish on the way.

Thank you all for your help.

Now back to my search for a second case.
Closed Thread