Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 04-15-2005

Default New Member. ? about yellow paint care...

Hello,

New member here and I have a few questions.
First off let me say that I am a fan of a clean shiny car and ever since I purchased my Mustang in 1990 thats what I did. Every day and night I would dust my car off with my duster that I bought from Brookstone and then I would use the instant detailer twice a day. When I got rid of the car 13 years later the paint still looked brand new. I recently bought a new 2004 Xterra Solor yellow and I follow the same procedure that I have always have with the stang. The problem I am having is that when I use the instant detailer, I can see from different angels that there is a film left on the Xterra. I have never seen this with my stang and I am just wondering if it is the color of my Xterra or if I am using to much detailer. The wa I apply the detailer is I spray a mist on the area and wipe it with a towel and then turn the towel over and continue to wipe until it is all dried.
So do you think its the color since I have never seen this film on my light blue color mustang or am I applying to much.

By the way, Instant detailer is what I call it because I can't remember the correct name. I use differen brands.

Thanks again.
Old 04-15-2005

Default Re: New Member. ? about yellow paint care...

Are you using Mother's Showtime? I have a yellow Chevy ZR2, and the paint color is very similar to yours. I have used Megs. Quik Detailer and Showtime. The MQD often will often leave a haze and requires buffing. The Showtime doesn't haze as bad, but if you use too much, it will haze which can require buffing. I would use two towels. One for removing and then one for buffing, which should help your problem. Also, you may want to try using microfiber towels, which work a little better at removing the product than terry towels. Showtime is a great product that leaves a very good shine. A good coat of wax will also reduce haze.
Old 04-15-2005

Thanks for the reply Bama.
At lunch today (took a extended lunch) I clayed the car and then waxed it. The haze looks to be gone. I will start using mothers showtime and aslo get a microfiber towel. Thanks again.
Old 04-15-2005

No problem. Even when the detailer hazes, it comes off with soap and water. The haze is really more annoying than anything else.
Old 04-16-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0Trunk
At lunch today (took a extended lunch) I clayed the car and then waxed it. The haze looks to be gone. I will start using mothers showtime and aslo get a microfiber towel.
I thought I was obsessed
Old 04-16-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
I thought I was obsessed
LOL... Yeah, some people look at me like im crazy when I DUST my car off and when Im out everynight wiping it off and everything. Thanks again
Old 04-18-2005

5.0, I know the feeling. I was outside the other night until 10:00 pm detailing my wife's ride. She told me that I was crazy and obsessed.