Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up New test of DACP and others

Today I finally received the famous DACP and also Speed Glaze and other Megs accessories. I also received Poorboy`s package sent on 11th last (only 6 days by USPS, a new record!).

I had to test them . The roof of my Renault still had some light scratches I was planing to work on, so hands on at 09:30PM tonight.

Before anything I cleaned it with Spray & Wipe, very easy to use and very efective.

Then I started with a compound foam from Farecla (less agressive than Megs) and DACP. Very easy to work with the rotary, took only a minute or so before started drying, and buffed off very easy, though I had to work some areas 2 or 3 times to remove those scratches.

After the roof was done with that combination, it was looking very good, but I had other plans for it.
    I followed with Megs polish foam and 1Z Waxpolish, a mild polish with polymers that provides a great finished surface, ready for any toper. As usuall, great silck smooth and reflective surface, as usual with it.

At last, I toped with PB`s EX. It`s almost as easy to use as 1Z GlanzWax as it`s easier to buff off than P21S CW. I aplied it and went to wash the foams, aplicator and put the things in their place. After about 15 minutes I buffed it off and it was very easy, while providing very good results. The silckness was increased, and there was no lost in shine (what usually happens when 1Z products are toped with other waxes/sealants).

I liked very much the DACP and the EX. They also smell well too.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures...
    I had simliar opinions!!1
    jeff

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jgv,

I agree about the Meguiars Dual Action Cleaner Polish. I learned to buff with Meguiars products and although I have learned to use other products the DACP is one I never go without in my supplies. Alot of guys talk like its really aggressive but I never felt that way.

If I have a darker color paint that has spider web type scratches or minor flaws I like to use it. It gets a little deeper than my other favorite from Meguiars, Swirl Free Polish.The DACP works out the slightly deeper flaws and it leaves it smooth and ready to wax.

If you like the DACP you should try the Swirl Free! It is my favorite polish for black and dark colors. I love it.

BTW, where are you guys getting the Poorboys stuff? I appreciate it.

Thanks,
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    You can find Poorboys wax and www.poorboysworld.com

After hearing all the positive reviews we hope to be carrying this line of products within the next few weeks as well.

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I have an idea for a product you could carry. I want a good place to buy disposable floor and seat covers for when I am finished with a complete detail.

You know what I mean, the paper or plastic mats for the floor and plastic covers for the seats. I just prderd the sampler package but the 4Star upholstry cleaner/shampoo os a good deal for a gallon. I will try some soon.

Thanks,
    John

wayne
    swirl free as in #82 or #9?
    can you tell a lot of difference between the two?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by John Sharp
    Hey, I have an idea for a product you could carry. I want a good place to buy disposable floor and seat covers for when I am finished with a complete detail.

You know what I mean, the paper or plastic mats for the floor and plastic covers for the seats. I just prderd the sampler package but the 4Star upholstry cleaner/shampoo os a good deal for a gallon. I will try some soon.

Thanks,
    John
    Thanks John, we actually carry the disposable floor mats and the plastic seat covers that you mentioned.

Only problem with the floor mats is the weight... they come in a package of 500 and retail for $50 but shipping would be outrageously expensive but if you are interested I will get you more information.

I will also get you price info on the plastic seat covers.

It may be Tuesday afternoon before I get this info to you.

We have had a record week and a record weekend as far as sales go and I know what I will be doing all day Monday and Monday night...

processing and shipping orders....

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh I see! Thanks for the reply. I didnt know the shipingwas so high. I will look forward to your quote on these items. Thanks for helping me out.

John

Boss_429
    jgv,

I agree, the DACP is a fine product.

Dwayne,

That`s great to hear that you will be carring the PoorBoy`s products. I`ve also heard nothing but positive comments about his stuff. Also, PoorBoy himself is a good guy, and is very helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dwayne,

It is great to see you supplying Poorboy EX soon. As jgv, said it is a great product and Steve is a good guy. I also like how you have Trade Secret. You guys are really spreading out and trying to do some great customer service!!
    2001 Volvo S80 Black
    2002 Volvo C70 Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    The flexibility shown by premium auto care puts them ahead of competition. They always try to provide the customers the products they need/desire. And a great service as-well.

By the way, this is a on-line store from which I never read anything bad, none has ever complained about something.

Congrats Dwayne and crew

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jgv
    The flexibility shown by premium auto care puts them ahead of competition. They always try to provide the customers the products they need/desire. And a great service as-well.

By the way, this is a on-line store from which I never read anything bad, none has ever complained about something.

Congrats Dwayne and crew
    As long as The Fuzz wears a hair net we have nothing to worry about! LOL

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by John Sharp
    Ahh I see! Thanks for the reply. I didnt know the shipingwas so high. I will look forward to your quote on these items. Thanks for helping me out.

John
    Hi again John!

If we sold the package of 500 floor mats for $60.00 we could afford to sell them online for mail order.

Our cost to ship to you would be $14.35 using UPS Ground but if you added enough to get the total up to $75.00 the shipping would be free to you.

I am still researching my cost for the seat covers.

Jayhawk fan.
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know the free shipping over $75 is awesome. I could afford to make a larger order at that rate. I appreciate you getting with me about it.

If you expect to figure the seat cover price in the near future I will kinda wait and see what that total will be before I make an order. I am very interested!

BTW, I have loads of in-laws that live in FL. I even have my wife harrassing me to move down there where she is from! Do you guys have a store for walk-in customers? I might get down your way this summer and I could possibly get over your store. I am just curious.

Thanks,
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information