Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Superior Shine
    Why do some of you have your phone number on the shirts?? "HEY, HOLD STILL WHILE I COPY DOWN YOUR NUMBER!"

I can see a number on your truck, biz cards but I don`t like them on shirts. I think it looks too busy.
    :wait what`s the difference on your shirt or truck....

people find a way to get a number whether you are walking or driving...I`ve had people call me while I was driving and people just stop me when I`m walking and ask for a card. Sometimes the number with the area code will let people know your approximate location to them....we have different area codes in very close proximity.:dunno
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Badmother .... thats the same Superior Shine. We wash that BMW every week and let me tell ya ... those marks were very sad to look at. Looks 100% better now though.

I prefer NOT to have a number on a shirt. Just the name with maybe AUTO DETAILING in large font. If you know roller hockey or hockey in general you have seen the pants they wear now with the company name on the ass. I was thinking of putting a phone number there Theres an attention getter LOL
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tassadar
    Steve (Poorboy) should make some t-shirts for the Poorboy`s lineup. I like the products so much I would wear it.
    I`d buy a sweat shirt....or better...a Sweat Jacket....maybe I`ll have one made up!!!!

I like the phone number on the shirt...especially in mobile detailing business and with a mobile phone. In my counseling business I use my land line phone number but then use call forwarding so the calls go to my cell phone which frees me up to leave the office and go play whenever I don`t have a client. And that waythere`s always someone "in the office" to take call and make appointments.

I love the idea of the upscale mobile detailer in an upscale burg wearing polo shirts on the job. Some guys look really bad in a tee shirt and could really send a negative message about the business. A polo is much more classy...imo. Maybe there`s a cheaper way of getting the message onto a cheap Walmart polo shirt?

I love DC. I don`t think I`ve ever read a post which was deliberately insulting or flaming another member. Kidding is hard to convey without facial expression and vocal inflection.

:cool :beer
    Last edited by JimS; 03-16-2004 at 09:01 AM.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Shirts and not a bad way to advertise. Your`e headed in the right direction for your business.

I`ve thought about shirts myself and it has a lot potential and a great marketing tool.

Still working on changing my existing bus. cards. I think it`s too busy.

Take a look. I think I will denfinetly go with with a simplier design.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Steve,
    The card is very eye-catching albeit somewhat difficult to read with the text colors blending into the background scenary. You might want to just stick with a few basic colors (just a suggestion)...

Mine are probably overly simplified - plain white cards with raised red lettering... graphics on card are the same as on my T-shirts which can be seen in this forum thread...

(btw, nice to see how active you are here... I`ve received numerous emails from people in the past and referred them here to DC but unlike you - not many have stuck around...

Regards,
    Onthespot
    "I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself."

Post Thanks / Like
    Onethespot,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. There is a wealth of information and experience here. I hope to be further involved as my experience grows. As you know by the threads I`m still lloking for employment and trying to start this business on the side.

Thanks for the tips above. Like I said I`m still in the creative phases. And I agree about the colors. I had to change the colors to help with visibility against the background picture.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price.

Professional Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would agree with badmother on having those few nice polo or collared shirts to wear to trade events, golf outings, gifts....

But otherwise, the cotton tees are essential for daily work, IMO

Don`t have the phone # on my shirts, mainly because I want the prospective client to engage me, thereby allowing for dialouge, demos, appointments... And, yes, by the time you could write a phone # down, I could simply hand you biz cards! LOL
    Mike R.
    "Get That Great New Car Feeling"

Shine? That's not a shine Cujo31's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Mike on that. I wouldnt have the number on my shirt because that gives a potential client the chance to just take your number from afar rather than coming to you and talking to you. Having the number on the van or truck is a better way to go.

Cujo
    John ( aka Cujo31 )
    Custom Car Care LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    57Chevy: Your business card has alot of effective and powerfull marketing capability in it, its just a matter of designing and arranging what you want to say in the most effective and easy to read manner. Other than that, i think your on the right track.

OntheSpot: Im also currently in the design phase of making business cards, and i feel simplicity (while using effective marketing slogans/bullets points) is going to be my best route. I find that less words that carry more meaning and are easy and clear to read deliver the message to all potential clients.

On a side note....im very glad that i went through and made this thread ( i was quite hesistant even posting this for some reason...dunno why), i appreciate all teh engaging feedback from all of you.

I wish you all the best of luck, and lets keep this baby flowing with more idea`s/suggestions.

Regards to you all,

-Mike T.
    Plm Bch, FL
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of business cards I made mine on my computer bought some business card paper and I`ll tell ya it is a priceless tool. If I want to change something I can instantly. It can also give you some great idea for the card itself. I designed the logo and the text. It came out great I will use the same logo on all my shirts and signs. But i guess more importantly I have a track to run on when it comes time to have some shirts made up.

Money wise it cast me about $40 for the software and about 20 for the card stock that will load right into the printer and it will print 1000 cards that way i can print 50 and print more when i need them. just a idea for the tight budget of advertising. ( the software is microsoft Picture It! Platnium ) just in case you wanted to know. I`ll post some pics of it when I get a new scanner.

PS... I like the shirt Mike!
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thats an awesome idea Granite...ill definately look into my own business card printing.

Look forward to the pics
    -Mike

Owner - Mike`s Car Wash & Detail

A New Standard of Excellence.

"Invest in a company that you know can be run by an idiot...because soon enough, it will be." ~Peter Lynch

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you`ll be surprised on just how much you can do with a good program. And the money you will save and the time you will save. Believe me I tried alot of different programs and there all cheesy with the graghics they provide. but I was impressed with the picture it! from microsoft. I was very happy with the results. I also made my brochure and monthly news letter with the same program. I send out a monthly news letter to my customers just general info like tips, product info, and specials we might run and the best part they can write me with things they have questions about or something they want more info on. It keeps customers coming back to ( great retention tool )!!!!
    DISTINGUISHED DETAILING

Work and hope, but don`t hope more than you work!

Post Thanks / Like
    My parents started their embroidery business (aside from their careers at Lockheed) about 7 years ago, so I have had the pleasure of tinkering around with some stuff.

First off, $25 for a decent quality polo with embroidery is a great deal. Mike, as for your shirts, I think they are fine for your first batch. As a suggestion for the next round, look at possibly doing the lettering in a classy font. While it might be small, fonts actually play a role in determining the professionalism aspect your clients see.

I prefer polo`s when I am first meeting the customer, whether it is the day of the detail or doing an estimation. As for comfort, I usually wear a T-shirt underneath. Both have my logo`s on them, so I can easily strip off the polo, and work in a shirt from there.

I have considered purchasing the brand "Polo" long sleeves and putting my logo on them, however, everytime I buy one, I end up wearing it that night out or something because I like it so much. I`ll just buy a duplicate color and end up doing it. This will be for my presentations and stuff like that.

Shirts and cards are well worth the money spent. The extra $$ you spend on these, the more professional you look, so it has been in my experience, the more $$ I have made.

--PM me if you would like more info about the subject--
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh and btw....are you the same Superior Shine from the Meguiars forums? Because i saw a thread of the 745 BMW, and how you proceeded removing those atrocious dealer swirl/spider marks....you are simply incredible my friend.
    Yes that’s me. It was very kind of you to take the time and give a complement like that.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steve, you make some Poorboy`s shirts and I would definately sport them. Or send me the design and I would make my own, since I need such big shirts (I am not a small guy).

270 pounds of muscle...atleast...I wish it was muscle.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information