almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

pictures from the front

well from the front of my shop anyways. i`ve finally taken the time to upload some pics of my favorite cars i`ve detailed. i also reduced them in size to keep from getting toung lashings from natty

here is an 85` 928. it was in a pretty neglected state.

Post Thanks / Like

Great lighting !!! Nice Shop !!!

I have shop near me that looks like a cave !!!! I ALWAYS ASK myself how can they identify paint imperfections and areas in the interior and engine bay that need more "elbow grease" in that lighting !!! You really seem to have created an ideal detailing environment! !! I had a great run of some cool cars in the last 6 weeks, and I would love to hear about some of the more unique and exotic rides that you have had the pleasure of reconditioning.... Pics ????
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    The 928 is one of my favorite cars. Looks good!

I know this is off subject and I probably missed the lesson, but how did you get more than one picture on the thread?
    I treat them all like they are my very own.

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man that 928 is such a great looking car! What year did they stop making those? I remember many years ago my friend`s dad had one with a phone in it....that is back before cell technology and you had to call a mobile operator first and have them connect your call. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world. What I remember most though was that incredible black 928!

BTW...my apologies if I semed miffed at those beemer engine pics. I wasn`t mad at all ...more so bummed out that I couldn`t see em. Didn`t mean to come off as being angry. Please accept my apology Tim!

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like

928`s

They are a really cool Porsche. I detailed a 88 Porsche 944 last week and the car did not excite me, however I am selling a 930 on eBay for a Wall Street type. I am not soliciting this car through this forum, however this is the first car I detailed and attempted to sell. Let me know what you think of the pics ????

Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2420321502
    No buff to tuff

almost time to tailgate tacscar-tim's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey natty, no apologies needed. i was just giving you a hard time. all in jest my friend. hope i didn`t seem upset. i was grinning as i was typing that

i`m not sure what year they quit making them. i know it was in the early nineties. i`ll have to get out one of my porsche books and look it up. i`ve always been a big fan of the 928s. ever since risky business.

thanks dean, i have six 8` fluorescent fixtures in the back along with 8 overhead lights with 300 watt incendescents. i have four of the 8` footers on chains hanging about 9` above the floor. the ceiling is about 17` tall so i needed to get the lighting lower. i tell ya` it`s still not enough lighting for my liking. i plan on adding at least two more 8 footers. i still take the car out into the parking lot in the sunlight for one last inspection before the customer picks it up. wow that 930 is awesome. my absolute dream car. a 911 turbo any year. if i could come up with another 34,499.00, i`d buy it. it stinks being poor .

some other notably cool rides i`ve had the good fortune of detailing lately are a white 740 i and a silver 740 i. a z3 that was in really good shape. a 911 cabrio that was an 84` restored to an 89` with the whale tail and wide body kit (red). like an idiot, i didn`t get any pics of it. and sweet 968 cabrio that was a dark blue exterior with a white leather interior. i`ll post pics of the z3 and white 740 i. no pics of the porsches, sorry.

thanks ardetailing, as far as more than one picture on a thread: i just click the img button on top of the reply box and insert the url for the photo and press ok. then i click the img button and add the next. all there is to it.

Thread Information