Post Thanks / Like

Zaino compatibility...

Just wondering a few things about Zaino:
    1.) Although it is called a polish, I understand that it is more of a sealant/protectant than a true polish; correct?

2.) Therefore, I was wondering if a true polish was needed before actually using Zaino. I am going to wash and clay my car (2003, garaged, not driven in winter, therefore the surface is in pretty good shape) and am not sure if a polishing step is needed. The Zaino instructions simply say that once it is clayed, you should go on to the Z-1 or ZFX step and then Z-2 etc..., but alot of people seem to say that a polish is still needed. Is it?

3.) and finally, what polish??? Is there any I should worry about that may lessen the Zaino bonding or that will make things more difficult during Zaino application? Are the Meguiars polishes fine to use with Zaino? Thanks a million for your help!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    A pure polish should not affect the bonding (I have never used Zaino so I can`t speak to it exactly) - I know zaino has a whole line so they may have a "polish" in the sense of the word your looking for.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    SpaceAce,

1) Yes, I would consider Zaino more of a sealant/protectant than a polish despite what Sal may say.

2 & 3) If you have any scratches prior to using Zaino I would definitely use a normal polish first. Your choice on what you would like to use. I used Griots Machine Polishes prior to Zaino and had no problem.

Zaino is a great polish/sealant and you will get a very reflective shine, but it doesn`t give the wet look. Their Z5 does not remove any scratches no matter how fine in my opinion. I also have noticed that it doesn`t hold up as well as a wax in the winter. Each winter I get loads of fine scratches from hand washing. I never noticed this when using a wax. But, the shine does last throughout the entire winter.

After each winter I would have to repolish and then reapply Zaino. I`m going to try Poorboys once my order arrives. I think I made the mistake of telling Dwayne not to ship until the Natty`s arrived. I`m starting to regret that now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is like a plastic wrapper. You must polish out the imperfections in the finish or the Z will bring them out even more. On a good finish, Megs 9 is fine, but you should wash prior to Z to remove any excess oils. My last detail was Megs 9 followed by PS21 cleaner, wash with Quick and Easy, Z6 and Z5. Came out great. I just didn`t have the time to do a real bucket wash, but I think Q&E is fine for between-step cleanings.

Thread Information