Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rewards

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Natty.

Working one section at a time provides better results.

Eric

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Natty you are too much...just when the truck can`t get any better...you do it again....so much for getting long term feedback from you
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Natty, glad to see your ride, looks like a Ferrari (you know, red Italian and all...)

The section by section part is my favorite, though. That`s the way I do my car. It`s more fun when we don`t have to run to finish it.
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Nat, what to you do about the tight areas such as around side window wind deflectors, mirrors, window trim? Do you just tape them off and use the PC or do it by hand?

I gotta get me another red truck....
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now here`s a question i`ve always wondered and inspired by that last comment. I`ve never delt with this issue odly enough except at the body shop where i really just don`t care. What do you do inbetween the trck cab and the box cap? i just can`t get in there! Do you have a cople freinds come over and take the cap off or what?
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Don

Maybe it`s dust on the camera lens, or a pixel foul-up on the internet
    I`ll go with that one! Seriously, I just didn`t get the the wheel only wash mitt out and get into the back part of the wheels. Maybe next time. Certainly before I let ol` Don here see another pic! LOL

Boss..thx re: the cap. I like this one much more than the one I used to have. Yep, it made washing and waxing even more of a job than it was.

PB...the long term testing is what the wife`s car is for .

Jose`...I`ll gladly trade you my truck for a Red Ferrari . Thx for the compliment!

rt.....Most of the time I will tape things off with blue painters tape. If not then like you said will cut in by hand. Also, if I`m using a product I know doesn`t stain trim I can get right up to the piece with the machine and not really worry. When using a rotary I always tape things off (on customer cars anyway..sometimes get lazy on mine).

Koop...that is a huge problem on many trucks with caps. That is specifically why I ordered this cap with the tilt in front window. The whole window tilts inward and flips down....can even be completely removed very easily. That allows me to get the area behind the cab without too much trouble. My last cap didn`t have that and it drove me nuts. Honestly, without a slider window or tilt in the only way...and I mean only way to get back there is to remove the cap. I tried everything on my last one and nothing works.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo
    I`ll go with that one! Seriously, I just didn`t get the the wheel only wash mitt out and get into the back part of the wheels. Maybe next time. Certainly before I let ol` Don here see another pic! LOL

Natty
    Ya gotta forgive me for pointing that out. I had just got done with a 2 hour wash & coat of UPP when I saw your pic, so my `detailing glasses` were still on. It`s amazing how when you `become` banal-retentive...er a detailer you see things that a `normal` person would never notice or be worried about.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Don

Ya gotta forgive me for pointing that out. I had just got done with a 2 hour wash & coat of UPP when I saw your pic, so my `detailing glasses` were still on. It`s amazing how when you `become` banal-retentive...er a detailer you see things that a `normal` person would never notice or be worried about.
    No sweat Don. I would expect nothing less from a fellow DC`er. Fact is fact which is why I didn`t try to deny it even though after re-reading my response I realize the length I went to trying to explain it away . Gotta be on my toes a bit more with the DC crowd .

Seriously, no hard feelings at all on my part.

Natty
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NattyBumppo
    Seriously, no hard feelings at all on my part.

Natty
    Never figured there would be

Like you said, you`d expect nothing less from a DC`er. So when we say; "I didn`t get to clean XXX part, it`s because I was worn out doing the XXX." We understand completely. Think about it, who else would take two hours just to wash a compact car?? Who else would spend a 3 day weekend cleaning their car and STILL not be done ?

Good natured ball-busting is a requirment among friends. Who else better to understand how after washing and drying a car, you grab a shop vac and either blow the water out of crevises or vac it out, then open and close the doors and trunk several times just to make sure all the hidden pools of water are gone? Who else would understand how after you`re `done` and all the equipment is put away, why you go back out with a micro-fiber and some quick detailer for another once-over?

It`s all good.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Don,, but we don`t wash our vehicles anymore and don`t have to look for hidden puddles Spray and Wipe...could have saved you enough time to get to the xxx spots...
    Natty there`s no excuse...roflmao
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information