Thread: Engine Kote ??s

Post Thanks / Like

Question Engine Kote ??s

I keep reading that Engine Kote requires a really fine sprayer and that it can be very difficult to remove after it dries. :dunno I have gallon and planned to use it today but I`m having second thoughts.

Seems like the people who are pleased with Engine Kote uses meg`s sprayer - is it really needed? All I have is a zep sprayer.

I read that it dries hard and can be really difficult to remove - can any one elaborate on this? how does one remove it?

Thanks!!
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Castle NV Vinyl, pretty much the same thing. It`s marketed for vinyl convertable tops. I too had a problem with it clogging up the sprayer. I now use a disposable foam paint brush and paint it on, no overspray or pools that occur after spraying. Anything I can`t reach I use a spray shine to get to it.
    Teflon is for frying pans.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t take any chances so I got a Megs high volume sprayer locally. I use EK only on wheel wells and underbody plastic panels. I spray it on those surfaces and then spread it with a sponge making sure I wipe up any drips before drying. Looks very nice and I highly recommend.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

I too love Meguiar`s Engine Kote but I also use the Meguiar`s High Volume spray head. Therefore, I can not comment on using the product when used with other sprayers.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the Meguiar`s $5 or so spray bottle (M-9911 ) or is it something else? I can`t tell from their web store. So I guess I should do the old fashioned thing and call them ... so low tech.
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the sprayer head and put it on a bottle, cost me about $3

Post Thanks / Like
    Could someone elaborate on what this does for the above applications. Does it dry to a hard coat? How long does it last? Can it be sprayed over the entire engine compartment? I haven`t heard of this product before but it sounds pretty good.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price.

Post Thanks / Like
    It drys to a sort of hard shell, decent gloss, durable in bad weather, thats why I use on wheel wells and plastic undercarriage panels. I dont use it on the engine compartment because I read it can dry unevenly and appear blotchy and be a little tricky to remove. I use 303 instead there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where can I get the meguiars bottle and sprayer online. ?
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I called Meguiars yesterday to determine if M-9911 is the proper sprayer. I was told you can`t buy the sprayer direct - only through a dealer. I`m not satisfied with that answer and plan to try again today. I`m also awaiting a call back with the name of a local dealer.

To answer your question, FrOzen, you can find a meg`s bottle and sprayer online in the professional store at www.meguiars.com. Search for 9911. Whether that is the proper sprayer ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have succesfully sprayed Engine Kote using the Spraymaster that I bought at Home Depot. It`s something like $4.88, carries a 5 yr leak gurantee, and is good for the thicker (especially solvent-based) liquids that normal sprayers can`t spray without clogging.
    AUTOGLYM

Thread Information