Thread: Dirty Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Dirty Interior

When you first get tp the interior of a really dirty car, for example a car that has a dash board covered in dust and dirt. Also when all of the control have all different coffees and sodas and just plain nastiness. How do you first tackle this part of the interior. What kind of products are safe but effective in removing all of this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would first remove the mats and scrub them , get them hanging up to dry. then i would vacum the interior and get whatever interior cleaner you prefer and start wiping everything down and then clean the carpet and seats then clean the door jambs then start applying dressing . and just go from there . everyone does it a little different . after a few times you will learn what works best/ fastest for you . I use some products that are not sold in stores but i used to use diluted simple green and some aerosol carpet cleaner for bad stains . hope that helps:bigscream
    back in buisness baby

Post Thanks / Like
    I open the car up remove the mats and empty every thing out of the car and put into a bag.
    Any loose stuff on the floor comes out. I thrn use a APC cleaner to clean every thing on the inside. The I do the vac to clean the rugs and mats. Pre-spray the troubled areas and work those by hand. Then use the extractor to finish up the mats I hang in the sun to dry. THen I finish with the dressing on the inside with some paper mats down so not to get dirt on them.
    Then I go to the outside, if its cold I start the car up and run the floor heater for 20 minutes to dry the rugs.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    INTERIOR DETAIL 135 and up
    TIME:4.5 HOURS

For the interior mats are removed vacuum very intensive spots are treated then pressure clean extracted and hung to dry @ an angle. The fronts seats are then removed[IF APPLICABLE] tracks are blow out and cleaned,seats are vacuumed and or extracted / conditioned. The cabin personal item are put in a THANK YOU BAG heavy trash is removed then extensively blown out,very intensive vacuumed, spots treated and scrub then extracted with neutralize solution[REMOVE ALL SOAP RESIDUE] and interior wiped down with a solution mix of woolite and water, then condition with meg #40. seats are put back in then the exterior is handwash along with wheel and tires windows clean inside and outside.

Thread Information