Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Those of you usind S&W

Basically you guys are using this product as both a QD and a waterless carwash right? From what I have read you just use a few MF`s and about 4 oz.(per natty I believe) of S&W. My question is what makes S&W different from other QD`s on the market? Does it emulsify dirt or what? Also how many MF`s would you say you use on a small car? Would you use S&W after a rainy day or only with light dust? I am just old school I guess, but it scares the heck out of me to even QD unless the car is totally clean to begin with. Thanks in advance.

Right Wing Conservative NozeBleedSpeed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think of it as a QD myself.It has no carnauba in it,so I use it like a wash on a lightly dirty car without leaving a film.I QD the paint seperately.Its great for clean ups even in direct sun.You can use it on paint,wheels,windows,grills,trim,tonneaus,etc. Its a must have on road trips to clean off bugs and windows. I never felt QD worked well for that type cleaning.

Car Detailing Whore
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah this came up in another thread, but in discussion of tires and wheels. Its a great product for maintaining a great finish. Its impeccable for reprepping a surface for applying more wax, if you are giving it overnight to cure and are forced to leave it outside.

Its also real good to mix S&W with QD+.
    http://tassadar.ezekial.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it as a wash & QD. I only use it as a wash if my car/truck has dust , waterspot`s ect... If it has a heavy soil I wash the old fashion way and then follow with S&W as a QD. I feel it work`s just as good as any QD I`ve used.

Boss_429
    EBP,

I believe you are correct. I think the S & W has emulsifiers that desolve and/or suspend the dirt. I`m sure Poorboy will give you a better explanation.

Anyhow, I`m like you................ don`t like touching that paint much unless it`s clean. Still, I`m starting to use the S & W, and so far, it`s lived up to it`s rep. For the time being, I`m only using it for QDing light dust, and light dirt, which was something I had given up on with regular QD`s. That being the case, I only use about an ounce for my whole truck, and it does work very nice for that purpose.

I doubt that I will ever use it to replace washing, but you never know? Even if I don`t, I`m really happy to use it as a QD only, and not a wash.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it has all sorts of surfactants, and emulisifiers and cleaners and stuff you can`t know about..lol

It has more lubrication for your surface than soap and water, yet is gentle enough not to strip your wax or sealant

Boss this product came in very handy for many people affected by the droughts all over the country who had no other choice..some of these people are now my best customers...

We have gotten more than our share of rain this year, but the future is always up in the air and this is an alternative, especially for people like you and Natty who look at other peoples dirty vehicles and then feel the urge to clean them...roflmao
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    emulisifiers, schmulifiers

Heck.....I don`t know what the heck it`s got but I do know IT WORKS! Spray & Wipe works after a rain to remove water spots and dirt and it works great to remove dust. I use it every day! It`s just great stuff and is addictive so watch out!

I use one mf for my whole truck and about 2 oz of S&W....I think....never measured. Get a bottle and try it.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies guys, looks like I will be ordering a gallon soon. Great, another thing to add to the collection!

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Poorboy
    Boss this product came in very handy for many people affected by the droughts all over the country who had no other choice..some of these people are now my best customers...
    Poorboy,

Given that alternative, I would do the same thing! Don`t get me wrong............................. so far, all your products have worked as advertised, and I`m sure the S & W is safe for a complete "dirty" wash. I`m just very cautious, and never try to push a product to it`s limits unless I absolutely have too!

EBP,

Yep, buying it by the gallon is a smart move, as you`ll go through it pretty quick!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429

Poorboy,

Given that alternative, I would do the same thing! Don`t get me wrong............................. so far, all your products have worked as advertised, and I`m sure the S & W is safe for a complete "dirty" wash. I`m just very cautious, and never try to push a product to it`s limits unless I absolutely have too!

EBP,

Yep, buying it by the gallon is a smart move, as you`ll go through it pretty quick!
    Boss, looks like we are the same page. I just want to make sure I don`t "push it to the limit"! I figure the gallon is the best bang for the buck.

Boss_429
    Originally posted by EBPcivicsi

Boss, looks like we are the same page. I just want to make sure I don`t "push it to the limit"! I figure the gallon is the best bang for the buck.
    EBP,

Yep, you`ll probably end up wishing that you got a couple of gallons. Wouldn`t hurt anyhow, as I understand there is no shelf life to the product. All the more reason to stock up.!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429

EBP,

Yep, you`ll probably end up wishing that you got a couple of gallons. Wouldn`t hurt anyhow, as I understand there is no shelf life to the product. All the more reason to stock up.!
    See Boss, now you got me thinking"2 gallons and some MF`s and I get free shipping"

Boss_429
    Originally posted by EBPcivicsi

See Boss, now you got me thinking"2 gallons and some MF`s and I get free shipping"
    I would! I always go for the $75 dollar free shipping deal. Besides, it`s always a good excuse for me go for a "few extras"!

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought 5 gal in May. It`s about 1/2 gone but I had a gallon on hand when that pkg came.....so I guess I`ve used about 3 gal since mid May.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Boss_429
    Good grief Jim............... are you drinking that stuff!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information