Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

SSR1 Questions??????????

I am wondering if I will get the same results using multiple apps of SSR1 as I would with one app of SSR2?

reason I ask is bc I will be using my lil hands to do this and will only be using SSR2 on the hood so don`t want to buy a bottle for such a small area if more SSR1 will give similar results.

Also can SSR1 be used the same way as the pure polish such as on glass and other areas of the car?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive never used the products before (I`ll probably buy them soon), but I have a general understanding of polishing which should enable me to answer your question. I would say Yes, more SSR1 would yield similar results to SSR2. In fact, if you were to use the SSR2, you would be best off following up with SSR1 anyway, so that you get the smoothest possible finish. Polishing a car is just like sanding a rough peice of wood: you start with rough sandpaper and you slowly work you way down to smooth sandpaper. You could have used the smooth sandpaper from the start and still ended up with the same results, it would just take much longer. So if you use SSR1, you are going to have to really rub the sh*t out of the paint for a while, but it will all be the same in the end. Hope this helps.
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and no. Theoretically you could but it would take MANY applications and mucho time. You will not be disappointed with your purchase of SSR2 and I bet you`ll be using it a lot more than you think!
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Post Thanks / Like
    Soprano- you don`t have to follow up SSR2 with SSR1. They both contain diminishing abrasives and will yield a wax/sealant ready finish. The difference is where they start. SSR2 starts with larger more aggressive abrasive particles giving it more INITIAL bite. Like having sand paper where the grit breaks down as you sand from 100 to 150 to 220 to 300 (damn I should invent that!!).
    Ask a question, be a fool for a minute. Don`t ask a question, be a fool forever.
    -Chinese Proverb

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to choose between them..SSR2 is more versitile and as rhillstr said it will yield a wax/sealant ready finish...if you have deeper swirls and scratches ..that`s why we came out with 2.5
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rhillstr
    Soprano- you don`t have to follow up SSR2 with SSR1. They both contain diminishing abrasives and will yield a wax/sealant ready finish. The difference is where they start. SSR2 starts with larger more aggressive abrasive particles giving it more INITIAL bite. Like having sand paper where the grit breaks down as you sand from 100 to 150 to 220 to 300 (damn I should invent that!!).
    Thanks for the info, I didn`t know the SSR`s used them. I was just speaking from general knowledge and most polishes are not deminishing. But I keep hearing good things about the SSR`s so I guess I`ll have to try them first hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wanna order some ssr2, but I am worried about how it works, is there any risk in scratching my truck if I apply it wrong. I will be applying by hand, and I guess you just use it the same way as any polish or wax right?

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for all your responses.

as for question 2 I posted

Also can SSR1 or SSR2 be used the same way as the pure polish such as on glass and other areas of the car?

Post Thanks / Like
    The only concern would be whether or not the abrasives in the polish could scratch the other surfaces. I`m not familiar enough with the products to answer that one, but Steve is on right now so give him a few minutes and I`m sure he`ll respond...
    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring - Super Black - 6MT
    "Most legit people I know, they`d go a hundred miles out of their way not to make eye contact with me" - Tony Soprano

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes it can be used on glass and plastic lenses...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You will get a helluva lot more gloss and wetness from SSR1 than you will from 2.5. Personally, I would not end with a medium polish before waxing/sealing, I would step down to a final polish before that. Remember, detailing is 80% prep work......
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    :yeah
    The wax or sealant we put on top is only protecting the work we did before.
    SSR 1 on a polishing or finishing pad at max speed on the PC will give you a wet shine that is worthy of the best sealant or wax.
    If you want your last coat to perform and look better ... take more time on the prep work!
    It is worth your time

Post Thanks / Like
    AMEN!!
    Nick Carberry

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, well i wouldnt wax/seal after SSR2.5 obviously, but can you wax/seal after SSR2? I mean i know you CAN, but for optimal results should you step down to SSR1, or does SSR2 bascially turn into SSR1 as the abrasives breakdown?

Post Thanks / Like
    :nono

SSR2 or 2.5 is nothing like SSR1. Both 2 and 2.5 will leave a tad bit of haze, and that is where a mild polish comes into play. No shortcuts on this one!
    Nick Carberry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information