Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new wheels Natty! Very unique looking headlight configuration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car! Mazda has been introducing a lot of nice cars lately. I love the way the leather looks, did you apply anything to them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet ride....Congrats, she is in good hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a new pickup two years ago and dammed if I didn`t make a Cadillac out of it! All customized and sh#t, so I can`t use it as a truck. So....NOW what? I went out and bought a beater pickup for $300 so I`d have to truck for hauling lumber and leaves and rock and STUFF.

So Natty.....learn from "Pops" here and go out and get you a real truck....a $300 beater. Can`t hurt it cause it should be dead already! No sense in detailin it cause it`s butt ugly and got more rust than paint. I love it! Started every day all winter for 2 winters, and I don`t worry `bout nuttin!! Drive it, change the oil and drive it some more.

Beautiful car! I`m thinkin about getting a Chrysler.....white naturally.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet ride

Think I`ll trade in my pickup and get one too!

:doh Rats!!! Still have 3 more years of payments on the P/U:boohoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Smooth ride, Natty. My wife and I tried one out a couple months ago. I was really impressed with the V6. Great power. I was at 85 mph before I knew it! We are holding off on trading vehicles (hers, not my truck!) until we buy a house this summer. The Mazda 6 is a front runner, though.

JimS, hehe, I did the same with my truck. My friends aggravate me all the time. For example, I put in a bedliner to protect the bed, but I don`t want to scratch up the bedliner so I don`t haul anything. Then I put a cover over the bed. I don`t go off road much as it gets my truck dirty. Ha Ha. I need one of those $300 beaters, but I`m afraid I`ll want to fix it up. Ha Ha.
    2000 Silverado Ext Cab Z71
    Lt Pewter

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Natty`s new digs

Originally posted by NattyBumppo
    Of course the first time I need to pick up lumber or something I`ll be wishing I had my truck back. Oh well, worry `bout that when the time comes.
    That`s what friends are for!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice ride Natty! You`ll love detailing the white ride! However, nevermind about the lumber.......... will the fly rods fit in there?

No problemo Boss the backseats fold down and leave a nice big cargo area. Besides, the only reason I got the automatic was so I could take the wife`s Pathfinder on my trips and leave the car with Mrs. Bumppo.
    Congrats again on the car

but do you really think the Mrs. is going to let you take her new truck in the woods :beat :hah :beat :doh :crazy :whine :brick
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice lookin` ride Natty, congrats!!

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh boy, hope I don`t miss anyone but here goes;

Woob....don`t know all the facts and figures but 160 hp, twin OHC, 4 valve/cylinder, variable valve timing come to mind. What I do know is how it feels driving and it is a blast! Supposedly the new Mazda lineup is from the "shared platform" that Ford is using for Ford, Mazda and Volvo. I`ve read that up to 40% of the components on the Mazda6 are shared with the new Volvo S40.

rabbi...fuel prices here in northwestern, NJ are about 1.60 for 87 octane. I almost went for a ZX5 SVT Focus but one of the strikes against it was the need for premium fuel.

Kimw.....the RX-8 is a very neat ride. I wouldn`t be surprised if they bump it up a notch or two. Always happens after the first year or two of a new model.

EBP....I`m not sure about a Mazdaspeed version of the 6 being in the works but I am fairly certain a Mazdaspeed edition of the new Mazda3 is on the horizon. If you want a leftover `03 Mazdaspeed Protege they are practically giveing them away. The dealership where I purchased my car had two on the lot and they were offering VERY steep discounts on them.

tkr128....nothing on the leather seats yet. When I give them their first treatment I`ll be using 4-Star Platinum Leather Conditioner.

JimS...I know what you mean about the beater truck....I agree! I may have already found one here at work. Not exactly a $300.00 truck, more like $1200.00 but its a 4x4. I may go check it out this weekend if time permits.

rtbrick....the Mazda6S (the one with the 3.0 ltr. 6 cylinder) is a rocket! I drove it a couple of times before I decided on the 6i. Like you said, you can be up over 80mph in the blink of an eye and the motor isn`t even breaking a sweat. It was a very tough decision for me between the 4 banger 6i and v-6 6s but my main reason for switching to a car was fuel economy so I opted for the 4 banger. It`s no slouch by any stretch of the imagination....just not what it`s big brother is.

PB.....of course she`ll let me take the Pathfinder. After all, she practically signed on the dotted line herself for a Mazda6s (the 6 cylinder). It was at the 11th hour when she decided she wanted a SUV to use those 5-6 times a year when she`ll need 4 wd.

Thanks again for the comments and well wishes gang. It is nice having a new vehicle again. Especially one with leather.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

I'm just a man.
    Post Thanks / Like
    natty. Awesome car. Welcome to the mazda club.... Make sure you get those seats treated asap. they will start cracking within a week or two.
    The Koop Is BIZZZAAAK

Boss_429
    Originally posted by Koop
    Make sure you get those seats treated asap. they will start cracking within a week or two.
    Wow............ that doesn`t sound good! :angry

I think Natty may want some suggestions on what to use to treat them? :dunno

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Boss_429
    Wow............ that doesn`t sound good! :angry

I think Natty may want some suggestions on what to use to treat them? :dunno
    Yikes! No kidding Boss, that doesn`t exactly give me a warm and fuzzy feeling:huh .

Tell me Koop.....you`re a Mazda guy? Can you elaborate on the cracking comment? Don`t leave me hanging like this!!!! LOL

I was planning on treating them regularly (obviously) but didn`t think there was any great rush since the car is only a few weeks old and it isn`t exactly summer sun and heat yet. I was thinking the 4-Star Leather Conditioner or PB Natural Look. Only reason I haven`t put the Natural Look on already is i don`t quite care for the scent and the inside of the car still has that new car leather smell. HINT HINT STEVE..........(NL with no scent?)
    Natty

Post Thanks / Like
    HINT HINT STEVE..........(NL with no scent?)
    I like the scent. :dunno Smells a lot better than 303 Aerospace.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by awd330
    I like the scent. :dunno Smells a lot better than 303 Aerospace.
    That`s for sure! Then again, The Meadowlands smell better than 303 .

I`m the odd man out so to speak. Since its release I`m the only one who has told Steve I don`t care for the scent. Its not that I hate the scent, I would just prefer no scent at all. Even my wife thinks I`m nuts....she loves it when I use NL inside her Pathfinder.
    Natty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information