Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Special Care

Special Care Headlights, rubber and plastic trim, taillight lenses, glass, convertible tops -- all your special finish needs are discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 11-14-2006

Talking M's Plastic Polish 24Mo Test

I have been testing plastic polish on the head and tail light plastic for the last 2 years.
This has been a preventive maint. test to determine if the poilsh has the ability to prevent clouding.
Test cars, 1999 Acura CL and a 2003 Mazda Protege. They both look like new and I often get comments on how clear the lens' look for such an old car.
The plastic gets polished during wax application, 4to6 time a year.
Living in the desert SW clouded plastic is quite common and Mother's seems to be an answer to a chronic problem.
Thanks Mother's
Smoky
Old 11-16-2006

Default Re: M's Plastic Polish 24Mo Test

i too have been using it for around 2 years. when i first bought it, i didn't think i needed it, but started using it anyway. i was really taken back by the results. the parts were shiny before using the polish, but after polishing the reflections were rediculous to say the least. i couldn't help but grin when i noticed my taillights and cornerlights picking up the colors of everything around them with a perfect mirror reflection. later.
Old 02-27-2007

Default Re: M's Plastic Polish 24Mo Test

I might need to try this. I've always applied wax to the headlights and it has seemed to keep them from hazing, but I'd love to get that much shine out of them.
Closed Thread