Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Tire & Wheel Care

Tire & Wheel Care Whether you have hubcaps, clearcoated factory alloy, or custom wheels worth thousands, you'll want them to look their best. Metal polishing is also discussed here.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 03-17-2005

Default Okay to use Mothers Billet Polish with PowerBall?

I have a set of American Racing polished aluminum wheels on my Jeep. I polished them last year using Mothers Billet Polish. I did it my hand and it took me all day. After a year of daily driving, they need to be polished again.

So, I plan to buy the PowerBall so I can do a faster job polishing the wheels, but I still have a lot of the Billet Polish left from before.

I need to know if I can use the Billet Polish with the PowerBall or if I have buy the new PowerMetal to get the best results?

Any advice and info is appreciated! Thanks!

Jason
Old 03-17-2005
Administrator

Default Re: Okay to use Mothers Billet Polish with PowerBall?

Jason,

Certainly you'll find the best cutting power with the PowerMetal™, so I'd pick-up a bottle of that for the first cut to get rid of the built-up grime and oxidation.

But you'll be able to put your Billet Polish to good use, as our friend Chip Foose has found that a final polishing with Billet Polish is just the trick for the final touch.

Let us know how it turns out!

P.S. If you haven't already, don't forget to check out the video at: http://www.motherspowerball.com/
Old 03-17-2005

Thumbs up Re: Okay to use Mothers Billet Polish with PowerBall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Certainly you'll find the best cutting power with the PowerMetal™, so I'd pick-up a bottle of that for the first cut to get rid of the built-up grime and oxidation.
Excellent. Thank you!

Quote:
But you'll be able to put your Billet Polish to good use, as our friend Chip Foose has found that a final polishing with Billet Polish is just the trick for the final touch.
That's great to hear, I didn't want my Billet Polish to go to waste.

BTW, I saw Chip walking around Autorama last month here in Detroit. It was kinda cool.

Quote:
Let us know how it turns out!
How's about I take some good before and after pics and post them?

Quote:
P.S. If you haven't already, don't forget to check out the video at: http://www.motherspowerball.com/
I did, and that is what sold me on the PowerBall over the similar Flitz Ball.

Can anyone comment on the differences between the PowerBall and the Flitz Ball? Just curious, that's all.
Old 03-17-2005
Administrator

Jason,

Pics would be great!

By the way, you probably know that Chip won the Ridler Award yet again -- this time for his beautiful "Impression," an incredible rendition of a '36 Ford Roadster that was 6 years in the making.

Congrats, Chip!
Old 03-18-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdebler
Can anyone comment on the differences between the PowerBall and the Flitz Ball? Just curious, that's all.
The Flitz ball is a felt type material and the Mothers PowerBall is compressed foam. Haven't tried either, but from what I've read, the Mothers' ball is easier to clean. (I've also heard from 1 or 2 people that it works better too. )
Old 03-18-2005
Mothers® Polish

Major differences with the PowerBall - easily washable in soap and water, compressible to fit in tight spots, reversible means double the life, retainer is not metal.
Old 04-12-2005

Hey, new to this forum, just read an article about the mothers powerball. Sounds great,so got on the web site to find local dealers,everyone I called had no idea what I was talking about. Being here in the Northwest so far distant. I had to order from the Mothers web site of online dealers.It looks like the ads get out ahead of production.
Old 04-13-2005
Mothers® Polish

I'm not sure where in the NW you are, but the Baxter's stores in Portland and the Cut Rate Auto Parts stores in Lacey, WA both have the PowerBall.
Old 04-20-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest T.
I'm not sure where in the NW you are, but the Baxter's stores in Portland and the Cut Rate Auto Parts stores in Lacey, WA both have the PowerBall.
Forrest, I'm south of Portland In Eugene, It looks like I'm not the only one havung trouble finding a Powerball,the ads come out way before we see any products on the shelves. I'm sure there is a reason for this,but sure is a pain when you want to try something new.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-04-2005

Ok.. want to try this powerball. But have yet to find it locally in 01463 are of Ma.

East coast..... New England....
Old 05-04-2005
Mothers® Polish

Lappen Auto Parts, Consumer Auto Parts and VIP Discount Auto all carry it in your area.

And, yes, it will work fine with Billet Polish.
Old 05-10-2005

How about in the 20855 area? I cant find it any where. Pep boys, advanced auto etc etc.

Thanks

ProStreet Pat
Old 05-10-2005
Mothers® Polish

Strauss Discount Auto has stores in Delaware, which may not be too far, and Salvo Auto Patrs in the DC area has it.

Pep Boys will have it in less than 30 days, and Advance Auto has it available as a special order right now, and will be a stocking item in about 6 weeks.

Give Advance the part number: 05140
Old 05-16-2005

Angry Re: Okay to use Mothers Billet Polish with PowerBall?

Hello all. I have 4 vehicles with polished aluminum wheels not to mention all the other bolt on dress up stuff so when I saw the PowerBall ad in my Goodguys Gazette, I almost soiled me shorts. Drove all around San Jose, CA --population 1,000,000 and couldn't find it anywhere! Kragen, All Parts, Wal-Mart, Pep Boys, AutoZone . . . of course being in this part of the world all these stores seem to employ English challenged people who could care less about what the customer wants. So I'll wait.
Old 05-17-2005

emptypockets,

I noticed that Amazon now carries the Mothers line... or you can try any of the other e-tailers listed on the Mothers Retailers Page ... consider shipping costs, taxes and delivery time... they vary.

For your shorts, try some Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner!
Old 05-17-2005

Thumbs up Re: Okay to use Mothers Billet Polish with PowerBall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D.
emptypockets,

For your shorts, try some Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner!
Old 05-24-2005

Same here, I can't find it anywhere in 48910. Checked AutoZone, Advanced Auto, PepBoys, Wal-Mart, Meijers. So Advanced will have them in about 5 weeks now, anywhere else around here have them yet?

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2005

The Powerballs are all over eBay if anyone is having trouble finding them.
Closed Thread