Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Community - Off Topic

Community - Off Topic Something to talk about besides car care? Please discuss it here in this family-friendly forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 03-06-2015

Default waxing polishing help

hey well first off i put this in off topic because i am not doing this to a car although i have always used car wax on it as it reacts exactly the same....i have a table i made and painted red and black and put a 2 part epoxy glaze (very thick) layer on top (if you dont know what this is the best way to describe it is have you ever been to a bar or resturant that the bar or table has a real thick clear layer on top well thats what i have here) ..i have done this a few times before and have always used CAR wax as it is similar material and reacts the same as waxing a car...this time i had some dust that got stuck on the surface of this epoxy layer so i took a 2000 grit (wet)sand paper to those couple spots...now i am trying to buff or polish thoose sanding marks out.(i could do this with polishing compound and a series of buffing wheels but this heats up the epoxy very quick and can melt it. so i thought maybe i could use some kind of car polish or glaze to get this out i know meguiars makes a line of products (picture of one below) i do seem to like mothers better hence asking about this here but i dont know if the make a line that compars to this.also i dont know how the abrasive works (like sandpaper is graded in grit numbers) i dont know the order from most abrasive to least and also dont know wich 1 or multiple that i would need to buff the 2000grit scratch marks back to a glossy finish. i have never tried it this way but i think it will be safer than the way i used to do it ANY advice/tips would be greatly apreciated .....THANKS
again here is the pic of one of the products on the product line that meguiars has any advice about that or if there is a similar line that mothers makes and help with getting a idea about the abrasive properties would be very helpfull

Old 03-06-2015
Administrator

Default Re: waxing polishing help

Welcome to Wax Forum!

Any of our Professional Rubbing Compound products should take care of the 2000-grit sanding scratches, and if you have a random-orbital, that should help minimize the risk of heat build-up. They have a real good work time. Check them out on our website under Professional, including the type of machine we recommend.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 03-06-2015
Administrator

Default Re: waxing polishing help

And of course, follow with the Professional polish of your choice.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Closed Thread