Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > News & Announcements

News & Announcements About Mothers®, events, shows & cool cars.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 11-17-2008
Administrator

Default "How Tos" on cars.about.com

Two "How to" articles featuring Mothers® products are on about.com...

http://cars.about.com/

Direct links

How to wash:
http://cars.about.com/od/adviceforow.../howtowash.htm

How to detail:
http://cars.about.com/od/adviceforow...odetailext.htm
Old 11-23-2008

Default Re: "How Tos" on cars.about.com

It never ceases to amaze me, the number of cars I now see that are in really poor condition.
Knowing now what I do, and just how little time really it takes to keep your car looking good, the answer has got be plain ignorance. People just don't know.
I still get the occasional comment like 'Who do get to do your car?'
When I say I do it myself, the usual response is, 'It must take you ages.'

When I go out shopping to the usual places, I see auto detailers. They are always working flat out with cars stacked up for detailing while their owners shop. The prices that are being charged seem reasonable I suppose for the time taken, but what I find, somewhat ironically, is that people are willing to pay so much money once or twice a year when with a little knowledge, they could do it themselves and have their cars looking that good all the time.

Where we live, we have problems with water supply, so car washing can only be done at a certain time on a certain day, so if I'm out at that time, you can easily see people out there washing their cars. Something so simple, and virtually no one does it correctly. Foam blocks, old T shirts, let it dry in the Sun.

Now I do have an idea, I find myself looking at other cars and straight at the usual trouble spots.
Our car is now seven years old, and looks as good as when it drove off the Showroom. The number of new cars and cars less than 2 years old I see that need work is really astounding.

So when I see websites like this one linked to here, it's encouraging, because if people had an idea of just how really simple it is, then I would see less new cars looking so awful.
Detailers will never go out of business, but the secrets people think that those detailers know are not really secret at all.

Tony.

"Old man look at my life, I'm a lot like you were."------Neil Young.
Old 11-26-2008

I noticed that Mothers posted a number of videos (all done by the chemist). All seemed to be targeted at people who are selling cars at auctions or shows given the numerous references of "putting the car on the block"

The most interesting comment I saw was using Showtime to detail wheel wells for a show or auction.
Old 11-26-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by abnot View Post
I noticed that Mothers posted a number of videos (all done by the chemist). All seemed to be targeted at people who are selling cars at auctions or shows given the numerous references of "putting the car on the block"

The most interesting comment I saw was using Showtime to detail wheel wells for a show or auction.
Those Mr. Chemist videos were filmed for airing during various episodes of the 2008 season of "Bidding Wars," hence the reference to the auction block.
Closed Thread