Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Community - Off Topic

Community - Off Topic Something to talk about besides car care? Please discuss it here in this family-friendly forum.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 04-04-2012

Default Waxstation.com

I've heard from David Willis, after recently placing an order, that Waxstation.com is going to close in the near future. It's a sad day, because first Ray Cromer, then David, were absolutely wonderful for the eight years I've ordered from the site. I love their selection of microfibre towels and of course, I won't use anything but Mothers on either of our cars.

I'm hoping to find referrals to other shops, even if it's multiple shops, for things like the high quality microfibre towels and cloths sold by Waxstation, the wide inventory of Mothers products, and brushes (for washing the car, like the top of the minivan, for wheel spokes, etc.).
Old 04-04-2012

Default Re: Waxstation.com

There are places like Autogeek that sells the entire Mothers line including brushes and towels. You have to know there is an automatic 10% discount code. This can offset some of the shipping expense on smaller orders or wait for free shipping promos. I had also done business with Detailers Dream (another small outfit) based in North Carolina.
Old 04-04-2012

Thanks abnot!
Old 04-04-2012
Mothers® Polish

It's a shame David is shutting it down, but those things happen.

As abnot mentioned, there are some great alternatives - AutoGeek stocks literally every product we make. Others do as well, like Microfiberproductsonline (but they're on the west coast).
Old 10-04-2012

just circling back to this now. any particular recommendations from autogeek's site on exterior drying towels and interior detailing (for leather & vinyl) towels? there seem to be a fair amount of options; they don't necessarily have to be the plushest/best towels on the market but something of good quality. these are actually for a friend who just bought a brand new Audi and has recruited me to help w/ shopping for car care products
Old 10-04-2012
Mothers® Polish

I don't think there's a better drying towel out there than our foam core waffle weave drying towel. Particularly on a dark color - you can lay it on the surface, "pat" with your hands a couple of times, and it picks up all the water.

And autokeek stocks it.

As for the other towels, I'm less concerned about brands than I am details. You need very short nap for glass, medium nap for removing wax, and long nap for use with spray waxes and instant detailers. Edgeless towels are all the rage right now. If they're not available, go for the silk border.

AG frequently has buy one/get one sales on towels, so I'd watch for a week or so and catch a good sale.
Closed Thread

Tags
microfibre, vendors, waxstation