Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 06-05-2012

Default Carnauba Cleaner Wax

I used to knock those little bottles of cleaner wax that came with the clay bar kit, but today I used some around the door jambs and noticed how well they polished out scratches and made the flake in the paint shine like I never noticed before.

The number of Mothers paint care products available used to bewilder me but now, I'm more appreciative of what each product's strengths are between appearance, ease of use, and application method.

Edit: Whoops, wrong topic. Mods, please feel free to move this post! Sorry.
Old 06-06-2012

Default Re: Carnauba Cleaner Wax

The cleaner wax is perfect for removing water spots that cannot be removed during a normal washing process plus they can be used to restore protection in areas that you remove bird bombs.

I also like the cleaner wax on plastic chrome for one step cleaning and protection or even plastic headlights.
Old 06-06-2012

Abnot, this post was somewhat a reply to your question in an older thread. You had mentioned about making the flake "pop" in our D.Blue Pearl. The cleaner wax surely did around the door jambs. Now I feel like doing test spots to compare this against maybe Power Polish (plus wax), Step 1 (plus 2,3), Reflections (plus Top Coat), FX, and finally the new Synth CG.
Old 06-12-2012

I'm a fan of Carnauba Cleaner Liquid Wax, doesn't cost that much yet gives great shine but it doesn't last too long. It is versatile though, and does a good job restoring color. Good product for daily drivers, and even if it isn't aggressive enough for removing swirls (it never claimed to do so anyway) it is good for quick cleaner wax then LSP wax jobs.

With the arrival of the california gold synthetic wax which mothers say has similar cleaning properties as carnauba cleaner wax, I am just a bit worried with the future of Carnauba cleaner wax. Since synthetic waxes usually last longer and are easier to use than carnaubas, it makes me wonder if it has become obselete since it seems that California gold synthetic wax is like a "modernized" version of the cleaner wax.
Closed Thread