Mothers Wax Forum

Go Back   Wax Forum > Paint Care

Paint Care Ask questions, seek advice, and share techniques about exterior paint care.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools     Search this Thread     Display Modes  
Old 06-09-2012

Default Semi Gloss Black with mothers carnauba cleaner wax

Hey Guys, i just did a paint job on my mazda 3 my roof and hood semi gloss black paint, and after a few days i started to realize that in some areas of the paint ( in direct sunlight) looked as if it were fading, i went back to the paint shop and they told me that its normal for semi gloss and that it is even worse on matte black, they told me to put "Mother's Carnauba Cleaner Wax on the semi gloss paint everytime i was done washing it so that the paint could saturate, and over time the paint job will look much nicer" when i put the carnauba cleaner wax on and wipe it off the fading spots disappear and the paint job looks amazing, but something seems weird about doing this.

i don't know if they were lieing to me or not, or if they did a bad job on the semi gloss and they are trying to avoid re-painting it. Could someone please help me.

Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	332.3 KB
ID:	1752  
Old 06-09-2012
Mothers® Polish

Default Re: Semi Gloss Black with mothers carnauba cleaner wax

I would not suggest using a cleaner wax on semi-gloss paint. All I'd try would be a spray wax.

But, he's the painter. Out of curiosity, did he give you this recommendation in writing?

BTW, I moved your post to the Paint Care forum, as it will be seen more in this category.
Old 06-10-2012

No he didn't give me the recommendation in writing, just verbal, its just i don't know what to do, if i stop using it i'm afraid the paints gonna look faded again in certain areas, but when i put on the carnauba cleaner wax it looks good but it doesnt look even, one area would look darker than the other, i guess its cause i do it by hand, also its the liquid cleaner wax not the paste.

and thanks for switching my post, much appricated.

Also whats the difference between the cleaner wax and spray wax?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2012
Administrator

You might try leaving the cleaner wax on for less time -- wipe it off as soon as or even before it dries.

Spray Wax has no cleaners or polishes or carnauba, and is similar to an instant detailer.

And be sure to "Like" us on Facebook for updates on what we're doing!
Old 06-10-2012

ya he showed me step by step on how to put on the cleaner wax, he told me not to make it settle or dry- wipe on, wipe off.

Thanks a lot for the help, i really appricate it.

Just one more question, my painter said that the cleaner wax will help saturate the paint and make it look nicer over time, is that true? could cleaner wax actually help saturate a new paint job?
Closed Thread

Tags
mazda 3, mother's, paint, semi gloss black, wax